✗Chapter 2: First Friend✗

1 YEAR LATER: HADDONFIELD, ILLINOIS

"Oh (Y/n), do be careful!" Your mother hurried towards you and took the box you were carrying; the box being too heavy for a ten-year-old.

"Sorry mom. I just wanted to help." You dolefully replied, watching her hold it with sad eyes.

"I know you did, sweetheart. It's the thought that counts." Your mother comforted kindly.

"Hey, why don't you go in and look at your new room? All the furniture's been put into place already, I bet it'll be fun to see it!" She tried to sound enthusiastic and with a forced smile you nodded - running into the house.

It was a nice house, but you didn't really care for it. You weren't as excited as you were pretending to be, but hey, it kept your mother happy. She never seemed to leave you alone, so by faking happiness you got more space. And that's exactly what you did. After climbing the stairs, you saw a wooden plaque on one of the doors - your name written on it. Guess that was your room.

Upon entering the room, you saw a very nice colour scheme; lilac-coloured walls and a white carpet floor, along with a cream ceiling. A pale bed was in the corner of the room, a desk next to it and a large bookshelf alongside the table-like furniture. A glass window was behind the desk, creating a pretty view of the street in front of your house and letting you see the outside world.

Looking out of the window, you saw your mother hurrying to and from the house - carrying the boxes. These boxes were full of clothes, ornaments, household objects and other necessities. Across the street were a few kids, one in particular catching your eye. This boy had blonde hair and startlingly-sharp blue eyes, wearing a black t-shirt and a jacket. He was skulking by his house; unsure whether to go in or not as he moved his hand to the doorknob.

A girl pushed open the door before he could open it, dressed up in a revealing outfit. She looked a lot like him...perhaps she was a sister or someone close to him? Her face twisted into a taunting smile whilst she began speaking to the boy, one hand placed on her hip and her other hand on the doorknob still. You undid the latch on your window and nudged it open a crack, curious to hear what she was saying to him.

"Sorry Michael, you're going to have to watch yourself today. I'm going over to Steve's to have some fun." The girl giggled and slung a bag over her shoulder.

"But mom said you were going to watch a movie with me whilst she was gone." The boy protested in annoyance.

"Well you're just gonna have to watch it alone, aren't you?" She smirked as she shut the door behind her and sauntered out; not caring at all.

"I'm telling mom!" He called after her with gritted teeth, glaring.

"Tell her what you like!" The girl laughed meanly, walking to the end of the road and disappearing around the corner.

The boy huffed and sat on the steps of the house, brooding over what to do and looking genuinely gloomy. Poor guy...that girl must've jibbed him off. That really sucks. Maybe you could console him somehow? You weren't meant to go anywhere without your mother knowing though. That used to severely annoy you, but now you were neutral with it. You walked downstairs and saw your mother dumping the last of the boxes in the hallway; managing a smile.

"Phewie, that took some work! I've got to finish some paperwork with the local realtor now. Are you sure you'll be alright by yourself, dear?" She sounded anxious and you nodded - your plan falling into place.