✗Chapter 29: Michael's Mannerisms✗

"I need to get back to HQ and report this to the sheriff. Can you come down to the police station tomorrow?" Lucy asked you quietly, pocketing her notepad and moving towards the hallway.

"I-I can't. Being questioned down there...I'd be freaked out. Couldn't you guys interrogate me here?" You faked being upset by the subject as you followed her, biting your lip.

"I guess we could. That shoulder looks like it hurts...did you patch yourself up?" She noticed your bandaged body part and turned her full attention to you.

"Yeah...I kinda did a messy job though, ahaha." You gave an awkward laugh whilst she smiled politely, giving a small nod.

"I'll get an ambulance to check you over tomorrow. What time may we question you?" The policewoman wondered seriously.

"Um...maybe around 12? If that's okay?" You shyly replied and Lucy nodded again.

"Alrighty. Thank you for your time. I'll let your mother and friend know that you're alive. Would you like them to visit tomorrow too?" She walked towards the door as she asked, swivelling her head towards you.

"Yes please. I'd love to see them, thank you." Relief flooded your voice; thankful that they were definitely still alive.

"No problem. I'm glad you're alive and safe. I'll see you tomorrow." Lucy finished up the conversation and stepped outside - giving you a friendly wave. You waved back, keeping up your innocent façade until her police car disappeared out of sight.

"Phew..." You breathed as you shut the front door, letting out a stressed sigh and staring at where the officer had previously been standing.

How did you get into this mess? Being kidnapped by your childhood friend and then lying to the authorities about him? When did things get this messed up? And being interrogated by the police tomorrow afternoon...more lying was sure to be involved. Great. You had no problem lying to your mother, but could you lie to Gabby? This whole thing was screwed up! A frustrated groan left your lips whilst you held your arms, feeling pressured.

However you jumped when gentle arms wrapped themselves around your waist, someone hugging you from behind. Michael. His head rested atop yours, his hug being immensely calming as you internally panicked. Lying for a serial killer...What had your life come to? Pink spread across your cheeks like wildfire, your heart speeding up as you accepted the soft embrace. Eventually you calmed down, placing your hands on top of his and taking a deep breath.

"Now we're even." You mumbled, making the stalker tilt his head slightly. Guess he didn't understand.

"You saved me from a panic attack in the woods. I lied to authorities and said that Dr. Loomis was crazy. We. Are. Even." You explained in more depth, breaking the hug as you turned to face him.

"So with that said, you can't keep isolating me. The police are coming round tomorrow to interrogate me further, and my mom is coming home. Gabby too." You told him the truth and flinched when he slammed his fist into the wall - clearly angered by the news.

"You're just going to have to deal with it Michael, I'm too tired to fight you on this." You shook your head and moved back into the living room, collapsing onto the sofa. He sourly followed, keeping a tight hold on his bloody knife whilst he stayed by your side.

"What's the big deal anyway? It's just Mom and Gabby. They're not going to hurt me, so I don't get why you're so annoyed." You tiredly murmured, flicking on the TV. He shook his head, sitting down on the sofa and pulling you onto his lap faster than you could say no.

"Shake your head all you like...I'm the one who has to deal with the police tomorrow." You sent him a guilt-tripping look and he looked away from you - presumably feeling ashamed.

Before you could console or confront him Michael began to play with your hair; lulling you into that same state of sleepiness you were in this morning. Even though you didn't really need sleep you took it, using this opportunity to regain precious energy and pass the time. The chattering of the TV ceased, everything becoming quiet whilst you slept. Had Michael turned the TV off to be considerate? That was sweet of him. Why was he always so kind to you?

When you woke up, Michael had left the living room completely - making you a little on edge. Had he gone to make his rounds within Haddonfield? Had he gone to silence your mother and Gabby once and for all? No...he returned to the room a few minutes later, carrying a plate. Turns out he was just making you food. Your stomach growled in excitement and you giggled, managing a smile as you thanked the stalker.

"Thank you. This sandwich is delicious." You sent him a sweet smile, which made Michael go over the moon with delight. In fact he was so happy he gave you another hug, nuzzling into you whilst he acted like a regular human being.

"Alright, alright! I have to finish eating, I'm hungry~!" You whined and playfully pushed him away, eating with aggressive intent. The killer watched you in amusement, a secret smile hidden by his milky-white mask.

After you had eaten you went to change clothes, deciding that these were too dirty to keep wearing. A shower would be nice too...yeah, a shower would be very nice. You brought the crumb-filled plate back to the kitchen and washed it, humming to yourself as you felt oddly at peace. You had a serial killer in the house yet it barely affected your mindset. Perhaps it was because he was acting so kind, like a boyfriend or something.

"I'm going to take a shower, so you don't need to follow me." You moved towards the stairs but Michael tagged along, almost like he had no intention of staying behind.

"R-Really...I'm not going anywhere." You grew flustered as you kept walking, feeling shy. Did he have to follow you everywhere? Guess it wasn't that much of a pain. With flushed cheeks you turned the shower head on, waiting for the cold water to become heated and turning to him.

"Okay, out." You made your voice firm and the killer was confused; Michael tilting his head at you gently.

"You're not watching me shower. So wait for me downstairs or something...'kay?" You pointed at the door - being serious. He shook his head, a mischievous glint in his eye. Since when had the obsessed male been so playful?

"Out, mister. Now. Unless you intend on being mean to me..." You lowered your gaze and acted hurt, letting out a unhappy sigh. Michael didn't move, not buying your fake misery.

"Don't make me regret my decision on not ratting you out." You muttered icily, flashing him a glare. Surprised hurt flitted across his eyes before he gave a nod and walked out, not saying a word. You felt a little bad - but he wouldn't listen to your demand any other way.

With a sigh, you carefully undid the bandages and hissed in pain - a stinging sensation jolting up the side of your shoulder. You swiftly entered the shower; soothed by the soft pellets of warm water whilst they dripped down your skin. The heat was very calming, the sharp pain on your shoulder fading after a few minutes. Suds were the aftermath of your strawberry-scented shampoo as they dribbled down onto the tiles, your hair now shining.

Then you used some body wash, scrubbing the dirt off your skin and singing softly to yourself in the process. Unbeknownst to you, Michael hadn't left at all - silently stalking from the doorway. His deep blue eyes were gazing at your exposed body with endearment, admiring your sweet singing voice as he leant against the doorframe. Beautiful. Everything about you was beautiful. Your looks. Your personality. Your voice. Your heart. He loved all of it.

You of course, didn't see him - your eyes being closed whilst you enjoyed your alone time. Well that was until you turned the shower head off and turned around, your eyes widening when you saw a flash of white. W-Was that Michael? Had he...Had he been watching the entire time-?! Y-You'd told him to get out and he deliberately disobeyed your demand! At least he had the common sense to move when you were done - it was pure luck that you caught him. Michael was in huge trouble with you.