✗Chapter 26: Snapping Stage✗

"Why did you break out of Smith's Grove? You must've known that Laurie-...Angel wouldn't remember you. You didn't talk to her...you didn't even try." You glared as you tried to calm your thumping heart - the killer getting closer and closer to you.

"So why do you think I'll give you a chance?" You were harsh in your reply and Michael didn't like that; one hand pinning you to the wall and the other one holding the knife to your neck.

"Why are you threatening me? Is it because you know I'm right?" Michael's temper grew dangerously close to snapping, but you kept on pushing him.

"Because you knew this was a stupid plan?" You carried on recklessly - a pained cry leaving your mouth when he threw you roughly to the side. You crashed into some barrels and crates, your side now aching whilst you tried to gather your bearings.

You grew dizzy after that violent move, your eyesight growing fuzzy and your movement getting slow. Your words were only making Michael angrier - but how could you make him see? How could you make him see that what he was doing was wrong? He was like a little kid, only hearing what he wanted to hear.

"And now you're acting like a child...throwing a tantrum because none of this went the way you wanted. Well I ask you, what did you expect?" You bitterly remarked, coughing a bit due to the dust and dirt.

"You terrified your sister, you're manhandling me, and worst of all you're ruining the only good memories I had of you." You blinked back tears miserably.

"So why...why are you so angry at me...?" You deliberately softened your voice as you looked straight at him. You saw the angry hurt sparkling in his eyes, the utter...utter frustration. Why was he so frustrated?

"I can't understand if you don't communicate with me." You patiently pointed out, getting to your feet and wiping the dirt off of your outfit.

RIP the nurse costume. Michael turned away - presumably in a huff - and you sighed, your cheek still stinging from Laurie's accidental hit. Well...if he wasn't going to answer you, then you'd just leave. You had to see if your mom was okay - heck, if she was even alive. The thought made your stomach drop as you hurried to the metal gate, tugging at the door worriedly. The stalker stopped sulking to look at you, annoyed by your willingness to leave.

"I have to check on my mom! She...She gets anxious when she doesn't know where I am. And thanks to you, I rushed out of my house without a word. This is a major deal!" You grew stressed and Michael's temper reached its limit - the killer storming towards you.

"W-What are you-? Hey! Ow! Let go of me!" You cried out in pain as he seized your sore arm; the one you fell on after he threw you.

He forced you back into the other room, his jealousy and possessive nature taking over completely. Your mom this, your mom that, why did you always think about her and not him? She was the one who tried to separate you two - it was her fault that you didn't care about Michael. And that didn't sit right with the killer, not at all. He'd make her pay.

But first you needed to care about him and only him. And the only way that would happen was if he isolated you. Just like he was isolated from everyone else. Michael pushed you towards the floor, staring at you with those striking blue eyes of his. You looked back up at him incredulously - did he expect you to just sit here indefinitely? You didn't want to stay with a naked dead body and an unhinged murderer.

"You can't expect me to stay here with...with her!" You jerked your head towards Lynda's corpse, Michael also looking towards it. Then he gave you a confused glance - what was so wrong with it?