✗Chapter 19: Laurie Strode✗

"Hey there, what can I do for you?" A blonde-haired girl opened the door; her voice bright and bubbly whilst she stood there.

"We're looking for Laurie Strode, do you know her? Is this the right house?" You asked anxiously - feeling a bit awkward.

"Know her? I am her! What's up?" She grinned and leaned against the doorframe, her golden curls bouncing around her shoulders.

"Did you meet with Dr. Loomis earlier? About um...Michael Myers?" You quietly questioned.

"Oh...yeah, I did. He told me I was the little sister of Michael Myers. Had the adoption papers to prove it." Her happy tone faltered and she let out a gusty sigh, seeming a bit depressed about it.

"My name's (Y/n), and this is Gabby. Dr. Loomis visited me as well - he told me Michael was after me too." You told her timidly, Gabby giving a shy wave.

"Oh, I see. Do you wanna like...come in?" Laurie opened the door fully and shyly gestured inside - inviting the two of you in.

"Yes please." Gabby nodded and rubbed her cold hands together; thankful for the offer. You both walked inside and Laurie took you to her room - saying that she hadn't told her parents about Dr. Loomis's visit yet.

"I don't want them to freak out. Because if I tell them alone I know I'll breakdown, and then they'll give me curfews and other overprotective stuff." Laurie explained unhappily.

"Believe me, I know the feeling. After Michael committed those murders fifteen years ago, my mom took me out of Haddonfield completely. I've only just managed to move here alone - and I'm 25!" You laughed a little at the end and Laurie chuckled with you.

"I'm just glad I'm not the only one my...my brother is going after." She remarked nervously, sitting on her bed and hugging her knees.

"It must've been hard for you...to learn about your past." Gabby tried to join in the conversation softly, wanting to help.

"Is it true that you knew him? Did you know he was going to...to do that?" Laurie asked you worriedly, readjusting her glasses as she waited for your response.

"I knew him but I...I didn't know. I snuck out on Halloween to see him, but when we talked he was acting...off. It scared me." You confessed in a troubled tone.

"So what do we do...?" Laurie wondered in a small voice, staring at the two of you with fear.

"Dr. Loomis told us to just stick together and keep an eye out. I'm sure the three of us can survive if we follow the plan." Gabby comforted the younger girl and tried to be kind, sitting down as she wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"I-I just don't want to die." Laurie's eyes filled with panicked tears whilst she hugged Gabby - the teen definitely liking your friend.

"You won't even get hurt, (Y/n) and I will look out for you. Besides, all we have to do is bait Myers out - the police and Dr. Loomis will catch him. So you see? It's 100% under control."  Gabby rubbed Laurie's back a little as the wavy-haired girl calmed down.

"Yeah, Gabby's right. And hey, it's not just you he's after - he wants me too. So we're in it together. All of us." You chimed in courageously - wanting to help.

"Thanks, you two. I would tell my friends, but I don't think they'd believe me." Laurie laughed weakly.

"This is gonna sound like I'm being creepy, but we should stick together around 80% of the time. We don't know when Michael will find us or where he'll come from. We need to be on guard." Gabby planned seriously, causing you to nod.

"Why don't we have a sleepover? It'll be harder to separate if we're in the same house." Laurie thought aloud; wiping her eyes whilst she regained her composure.

"Where would we have it? Mine?" You dreaded introducing Laurie to your easily-alarmed mother. Luckily, you didn't have to.

"How about mine? Because if Michael - by some random chance - knows your addresses, he won't find you there." Gabby suggested smartly.

"Good idea." You agreed and Laurie dipped her head - all of you game.

"I have to babysit on Halloween though." Laurie mumbled nervously, holding a pillow by this point. Guess she wasn't too good with stressful situations.

"Well what if we all Skyped on Halloween? If one of us hears a noise or sees something suspicious, the other two can help. Y'know like, one goes to the police and one runs to step-in." You helpfully remarked, pleased when they both nodded.

"We're a great team." Gabby smiled as she gave you and Laurie a high-five each, hoping to cheer you guys up.

"So we're having the sleepover tonight, tomorrow, and then Skyping on Halloween?" You checked one last time; stifling a yawn. It was 2pm by this time - and you still hadn't had any breakfast! Food would just have to wait.

"That's the plan." Laurie giggled faintly, warming up to you guys once she realised she wasn't truly alone in this tense time. You and Gabby waited downstairs as Laurie quickly packed a bag, and then the three of you left her house - walking over to Gabby's.

"Oh hold on, I just need to check on my mom and tell her our plan. I'll be right back - you guys go ahead." You broke away from the two girls to walk towards your house instead of going across the road.

"But we need to stick together!" Laurie panicked almost immediately.

"She's right (Y/n). Who knows when Michael could appear-?" Gabby was taking this very seriously, worried for you.

"Michael Myers isn't going to teleport right to me. I'll be okay - so go on, I'll catch up!" You called as you walked away from them, waving before entering your house.

You threw some clothes and other essentials  into a rucksack, zipping it closed a few seconds later. Your mother wasn't pleased about being apart from you, but she dolefully agreed it was safer. So you headed over to Gabby's, swinging the door shut behind you and walking towards the road. Of course you weren't paying attention to your surroundings, colliding with someone almost straightaway.

"I-I'm so sorry-!" You apologised at once, guilt and embarrassment washing over your face as you went to help them up. The girl you'd accidentally knocked over had brown-to-blonde hair and sharp blue eyes, her revealing outfit being soaked in iced coffee.

"Are you fucking kidding me? My Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew!" She complained in frustration, climbing to her feet and snatching the empty Starbucks cup off of the ground.

"I really am sorry, that was all my fault-"

"You bet it was your fucking fault! Now I have to go change and grab a new drink! Ugh, thanks a lot!" She growled.

"Jeez, it was just an accident!" You retaliated in anger, feeling a bit hounded. Maybe you'd bumped into her - but couldn't she see that you didn't do it on purpose?!

"Well look where you're going next time, skank!" The girl spat at you before marching off, her head held high. What a bitch.

Gritting your teeth, you picked up your bag and crossed the street; trying to contain your bitterness. She was just a snob, that's all. You were going to have a fun time with Gabby and - your sudden friend - Laurie now, so ignoring someone like that would be good. She wasn't worth your time anyway! A flash of white caught your attention and you thought you saw something, but when you went back to check you saw nothing. Huh. What a day.

After knocking on the door Gabby let you in, leading you into the living room and taking your bag for you. Thankfully your temper subsided and you breathed out, much more relaxed. Should you tell them about the flash of white? Nah, that was way too random. It could've been anything. You didn't want to end up like the boy who cried wolf. What. A. Day.