Escape

He carried me so carefully.

His muscle tensed and flexed, trembling slightly. He was scared, and I'd never seen it before. It was strange. He held me securely, but not too hard. I was aching from every angle, my body felt like it was jelly. Everything was just there, I felt like if I told myself to move, my body wouldn't respond.

James ran down the hallway of grey cement, his body was bouncing slightly and every bounce sent a piercing pain through my chest. The broken rib. I was biting my tongue incredibly well, I thought considering the circumstance. That was of course, until James had to drop low and dart into a dark room after spotting two guards walking in the distance. We would have been fine, if I hadn't screamed.

Pain burst through my chest, it was unbearable. My vision went, and I waited to pass out, but never did. "Anna" James held onto my face as he set me down. "Stay with me!"

"I'm-fine" I choked out, the pain fading slowly. "James-the guards!" He turned just in time, bullets shedding off his metal arm. The men emptied their clips. They kept their distance, I could see it in thier eyes, they didn't want any part of James.

"Sir we've located him!" One of the guards said into his com link.

"Shit" James cursed. "Anna look away"
He ordered me with authority.

Was that a hint of fear I heard?

"But wh-"

"Dammit Anna now!" The guards began firing again, now suddenly advancing. James reached to his back and pulled out a gun. I watched like it was slow motion as he emptied a clip in thier bodies, as they fell, and the crimson stains of a puddle began to stain the ground.

Oh.

I was is shock, my head reeling from seeing two people die in front of me.

"We have to move" James pulled me up and lifted me onto his back. "Hold on"

He sprinted through the halls. I didn't notice at first, but at the corner of every halway he was placing small round devices. It took me awhile to figure out that they were bombs. I had no idea what was going on, just that I was practically naked and practically dying, and riding on the back of a giant with a metal arm.

Okay, maybe that's a little over exaggerated.

He's not that big.

"Stark you ready?" He yelled into his com, the alarm had gone off and was blaring. We had reached a pair of doors.

"You bet metalica"

James let out a tiny growl.

The doors were ripped open, and there behind it was it Iron Man.

I think I'm dreaming now.

He came towards us and James handed me to him, and I shivered against his suit. "Wait..James" I said in broken breaths, "Where are...you going?"

"I'm going to finish this once in for all" he growled.

"No.."

"I won't die. I will meet you at the camp I promise."

I felt a tear run down my dirty cheek. "Promise"

He leaned in, holding me slightly. I saw his eyes so full of fear, he was about to face his monsters who had created his demons. I knew he was scared. But no one would ever know. He hid himself away well.

I suddenly felt a pressure on my lips, cold and yet, it warmed my inside. Then he was gone, and I was left with a confused looking Iron Man.

_________
Love you guys, -Riku54