Distant Past

"Bucky"

James kept walking, behind Natasha and Falcon, who had distanced themselves from the pair of super soldiers. They were a good ten feet in front.

"Bucky!"

"Stop calling me that." James hissed, turning around to face Steve with fire in his dark eyes. Steve looked shocked, and Bucky went to walk again when a sharp pain blossomed on his cheek.

Steve had hit him, so hard his mask flew to the side, and the blond picked it up in his hands. He held it up and shook it slightly, anger leaking into his sky blue eyes. "This isn't you!" He yelled.

James grit his teeth, before facing Steve, smirking. Blood was leaking from his right molar, but he could feel his gums already healing over. James spit a bloody glob onto Steve's shirt, showing disrespect. He couldn't look at Steve anymore, it hurt to much.

Instead he cast his hollow gaze to Steve's chest, where a hole was stiched together. It was almost invisible, but James saw it, he had caused it.

He had been the one who'd sent a bullet through Steve's back, with such force the bullet exited through his chest. Steve should have died, but he didn't. He didn't and I don't know how to look at him because I will just hurt him worse.

Steve's face crinkled up in frustration and sadness, and with tears brimming his eyes he threw the mask at James feet before stalking off to the front.

I'm just a disappointment.

I won't ever be there for him.

Why try?

James picked up the mask and clipped it to his belt, a shuddering breath leaving his lips. He felt to many things around Steve, that was why he distanced himself in the first place.

I'm ruined Steve.

Stop believing you can fix me so I stop disappointing you.

The only reason he could talk with Anna was because she saw him as he was,  not who he used to be. He was a completely different person who would never be the same, and Steve just didn't see it.

Stop trying to save me.

I'm invisible now.

-

-

-

"Sir, He's ventured off course" The nervous tech stuttered through his chapped lips, his pale fingers crossed over the keyboard of the computer like spider's legs. He bowed his head slightly as Alexander Pierce wandered over to him, a blood red coffee cup in his wrinkled hands. Pierce's eyes scanned over the screen with slight boredom, no real surprise eched on his face.

"Stats on target?" He asked the trembling tech, running his thumb over his chin.

"Dead sir, he completed it, but never returned to the jet to be removed."

"Where is he now?"

"Edge of the forist sir, forty miles from rondevu piont, and according to the specs, he's got three other people with him."

"Fabulous job boy" Piece took a sip of his black coffee, and patted the trembling tech's back. "Have the rest of the day off"

"Th-Thank you sir!" The tech sputtered, grabbing his coat before facing Pierce and saluting him, "Hail Hydra!"

"Pierce smiled crookedly and turned to one of his body guards. "Get me Sin."

-

-

-

Ooooooooooh o.O

Who knows who Sin is?

This is bad.

But great for story line.

Bad for Bucky and Anna, who we will see in the next chapter. O.o

Vote

COMMENT

FOLLOW?

-Riku54