This Will Be Over

He was ready. It was his time to finish this once and for all. He could finally kill them. He could finally be free.

It was time.

The blood was pumping through his veins as he raced down the hallway. He knew where to go. He'd been here so many times before. The grey walls were so familiar. He was born here.

The bombs were planted. Everything was in place. He just had to get to the control room. He wanted the personal pleasure of killing the devil himself.

"Going a little fast to your own death don't ya think?"

The voice sent shivers down his spine.

"Sinthea" he spat her name.

"That is no way to treat a former flame" her voice was like silk, she slinked into the light from the corner of a hallway in a white military type suit. She carried two handguns and a long dagger on her side. James put his sub machine gun back onto his back. He pulled out a black tanto blade the was five inches long. "You want it that way?" Sin smirked, pulling out her dagger. "I taught you this, I will beat you"

A sick smile curved onto Winter's lips. "Try."

Sin attacked in a flurry. Her techinque was always messy, but fast and furiuus. She relied on speed not power, and she left her defences open. He pushed Sin away as she tried to slink behing him, and she skid across the room. She let out a yell of fustration, and came at him again. His arm blocked her atack this time. 

"She was wonderful you know" Her voice slid out smooth like a snake. "Great screams"

Winter let out a scream of rage, pushing her away. "How dare you" He growled. "How dare you corupt the incocent." 

"Well you know now a days money is money, got to get what a woman can" she smirked. "After you were considered dead and Widow released everyone's secrets onto the internet, the money was scarce. And Hydra didn't have much money left anymore so, I got creative."

"Why are you really here" Winter stood stright, taking a deep breath. "You got out"

"I did yes" She spun her knife around her nails. "But you know how hard it is to leave" her voice changed, she sounded almost emotional. "I was caught like you, they offered me money, and I said yes. Simple."

"Simple?"

"Not everyone has a shiny badge behind their true selves to protect them Winter. What was I supposed to say? Money is needed to survive."

"You should have said no" Winter rushed at her. 

They faught like a storm. Sin and him used to train together, and they knew each others syles very well. Niether could get an opening. She was fast, slippery like a snake but as graceful as a deer, dodging everything he threw at her. Until...

He had her. She was panting hard, her chest rising and falling in a ralid pace. She was getting slower, her attacks more and more wild. She rushed him and tried to stab him in his neck, but he cuaght her arm with his metal hand. She struggled to get away but he sqeezed until her dagger clattered to the ground. He pushed her into a wall, as she hissed in protest. Her eyes widened with shock. She let out a gasp, a shocked sob. She slid down into his open arms, gripping them with all she had.

His knife was in her chest. Her long nailed fingers yanked it out, it fell with a clatter. A sticky glob was spreading around the wound, matching her hair.

"This is becoming" she breathed, laying against him.

"You should have ran..." His voice cracked.

She smiled at him. "Oh Winter... Not all of us were offered a second chance. There's no one good thing I could have done or one person that would have bailed me out"

"You could have hid dammit... You could have ran! Changed!" He was fustrated. Fustrated with her stubborness and fustrated with her lack of drive to save herself and make a better life.

"That wasn't what you were doing in the beginning love" she smiled, her voice getting softer. "That girl, she changed you."

She started coughing, blood spilling from her mouth. "People like us Winter.... We can't change.... Not us... To broken... To violent... With no one to love..."

Her eyes glassed over.

James gently closed her eyelids, layed her on the cold stone floor. She was so beautiful. Another soul corupted. Just for them to use.

He stood up. He ran. He was enraged. This was going to end. He wanted peirces head at the end of a pike. He wanted it over. He reached the end of the hallway. He turned the corner and was welcomed with gunshots He was quick, they were gone in secounds. Finally. Finally he reached the door and busted it open.

There he sat. Alone. In the middle of the room. He fingers crossed in his lap. Starring at him.

"You've made quite a mess."

"It's over." James grunted. "They've got everyone. You're losing everything"

"Not quite." Peirce smiled his sick smile. "If my Intel is correct, and it always is, you're supposed to bring me in." He reached out his wrists.

"You think"  James started towards him. Rage filling his gut. "That after everything you've done... That I would just take you into a comfy jail cell?!"

He grapped Pierce by the neck with his steel hand, raising hum out of the chair to stand.

"You have to." Pierce let out a choked laugh. "Or your immunity goes away forever and you'll be in the cell, not me!"

"I don't care" James said through gritted teeth, squeezing harder.

"You will when you can't see her anymore" Peirce coughed.

James grip loosened.

"What will she think? When she haers you killed me, and they arrest you as soon as you go back" Pierce spat.

James released him, letting him drop to the ground. Pierce curlled up laughing. "Come on do what you do best follow orders!" Peirce grabbed the side of his desk, pulling himself up. In the proccess, he pulled the mouse out of the side of the computer. Faint sounds startered to come from it. Whimpering at first, and then screams. Pierces eyes widened. James rounded the desk, his eyes focusing on the screen.

His eyes went black, hatred filling them.

"Now look solder..." Pierce started scrambling away, crawling away from the towering piller that was stalking him. "You left me no choice I had to do it"

"Had to" Dry rage came from the face behind the mask. "Had to ruin the innocent"

"To get to you! We needed you! You where our number one asset!"

Winter wrapped his metal hand around Peirces neck once more, raising him again to eye level. "I wish I could make this more painful" he growled, beggining to squeeze. "You deserve so much more then a broken neck!"

Pierce struggled, chocking, gasping for any air he could get. But he couldn't get any. Winter watched as his life drained from his eyes, satisfying the hunger. Finally, there was a crack, and the body went limp in his hand. He threw it to the side. Winter raked his bloody hands through his hair.

A fustrated and tourmented scream echoed through the building.