I'm Not Who You Think I Am

Hey guys:-)

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

"Last one" I muttered, scrubbing The horse's white neck. It was bath day, which ment all seven horses got hosed down and scrubbed with soap. Phantom Fire, my white stallion, was the last one.

"There you go" I sighed, finely finishing brushing him out. Fire bobbed his head up and down, his hooves pawing and scratching on the slab of cement were I bathed him. "Don't give me attitude" I laughed, scratching behind his ears. I untied his halter from the pole line and lead him back to the paddock. After slipping off his halter I watched him buck and run in the grassy field. I laughed, my heart swelling with pride at his beauty. I could watch him forever, but it was also laundry day, so I headed inside.

After searching the fridge for a drink, I sat down on the couch with a white basket piled high with clothes and towels.

I reached for my phone that sat on the coffee table and plugged it into my speaker.

Renegade by Manafest blasted out of the speakers and I felt a smile tug at my lips. My music taste was different from what most people listened to. I liked mostly rock and r&b, but I had a lot of songs that just spoke to me. I had everything from Skillet to Carrie Underwood, and Rihanna to Tenth Avenue North.

I had a strong belief that music can change a person's life.

It changed mine.

Like I was planing on changing The Winter Soldier.

I placed the towel I was folding in my lap and sighed. I haven't seen or heard from him since he smashed the corner of my table. I had no way of knowing where he was and it's not like I can dial a number and invite him over. I didn't think the ex-assassin carried a cell phone.

My best bet was to just wait.

I'm not always who you think I am. Sometimes I feel like I'm the renegade. 

I can't just sit back and watch It fade. This time I hope you see, I'm not the enemy.

I was brought out of my thoughts when a loud banging echoed from my front door. I turned down the music and stood before walking to the front door. I swung it open, peered out. But I was pushed aside as someone stumbled through my door.

"Hey!" I shouted as the figure disappeared into the kitchen.

I closed the door carefully and peered around the corner, curious as to who had pushed me down.

The Winter Soldier sat on my wooden table clutching his right arm with his left hand.

And he was bleeding out in my kitchen.

-

-

-

The Winter Soldier pressed his back against the cold brick, breathing hard. Sweat ran down down his back, and his leather armored suit didn't help him either. His mask was hot against his face, but his pistol was cold.

Kill.

He clenched his teeth as his HYDRA instinct tried to take over. No, he was not like that anymore. That wasn't him!

He controlled his breathing before turning his face blank.

Emotionless.

kill.

destroy.

kill.

kill!

He let out a growl of frustration. It was so easy to let them win. But he couldn't let them. He refused to go back, he remembered the pain of the memory wipe, and the time when he failed a mission and they sliced the skin off his right arm. He shuddered.