Fixing Fences, Fixing Hearts

:-)

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

"Come on" She threw a hat at him, and his un-human hand snatched it before it touched his chest. It was an old and faded red baseball cap with a sun-soaked FS on the face.

He sat up off the wooden floor of her guest bedroom, studying her with cold eyes. She wore a t-shirt and jeans that were ripped on the shins, and a pair of worn leather boots. Her blond unruly waves were stuffed underneath a straw cowboy hat.

She raised her eyebrows at him when he didn't move, her white teeth chewing on her bottom lip.

Truth be told, he hadn't left the room in days, six to be exact, and didn't plan on leaving it anytime soon. The only time he had seen her were the awkward encounters when he had come back late at night after hunting HYDRA agents. He hadn't spoke a word to her since the day she spoke on the telephone, and intended to keep it that way.

She uncrossed her arms, and tilted her head to the side. 'I said, Come on!" She kicked the bottom of his combat boot.

A small tremor shook his body, so small she didn't she it, and he closed his eyes. She's not going to hurt you, she can't hurt you.

"James?"

She was next to him, on the floor with her hands on her knees.  "Look, you can't stay in here forever. Hiding from your problem will not fix it, so you are going to eat something and you are coming outside with me. I will leave you alone after that. Deal?"

Her Hazel eyes locked on his cold blues ones, and he nodded, not knowing what to do otherwise.

"Come on" She said it once again before leaving the room. He hung his head low, one hand on his knee, the metal one clenched in a fist on the floor.

Was that an order? No, she was giving him a choice, even though she strongly recommend that he followed her. Still, he never got to choose. It felt strange, picking what he wanted.

"I still don't see you!"

A ghost, a fragment of a smile lifted onto his lips.

-

-

-

I sighed in frustration. He certainly was stubborn. He'd been in that room for days, and I doubted he had eaten anything on his 'late night strolls'.

I flipped a pancake over, the raw batter sizzling as it splattered on the hot skillet. One after another I flipped over, until I had a stack of cakes up to twenty.

I set them on the kitchen table after turning the stove off. I stuffed one in my mouth before grabbing syrup from the pantry, setting next to the mountain of pancakes with butter.

The sound of his combat boots coming down the stairs caused me to look up, and I banged my head on the corner of the kitchen counter. "Holy Cow!" I hissed, grabbing my head.

At this he looked up, his empty eyes looking at me strangely. They narrowed in confusion, before he came over to the table, standing there like he didn't know what to do with himself.

"I'm fine" I muttered, rubbing the slight bump on the back of my head. He just tilted his head, his dark hair falling in his eyes. "Okay," I clapped my hands together, and he flinched. "Um, sorry. Anyway, I'm going to go outside and feed, and you are going to eat." I gestured to the food on the table. "When I come back in, you are going to help me fix a fence in the south feild okay?"

He just tilted his head even more, So I took it as he understood. I grabbed my gloves before heading out the door, his gaze following me out.

After successfully feeding every one, (or animal) I headed back into the house. I dropped my gloves on the coffee table before entering the kitchen.