Files

Hey:-D I would really appreciate it if you guys commented:-)

□■□■□■□■■■■■■■□□■■□■□

As he studied the files in his hands he became frustrated. None of anything he read made sense in his mind, and he began to wonder if any of it were real.

"I went through quite alot to get all that information" The woman, Anna he remembered, got up from the table and stood behind him, peering at the paper he was reading. He flinched a centimeter, so small she didn't notice. He wasn't used to people coming so close to him without a reason.

Contact ment punishment.

"I hacked into alot of secured ah, websites to get it."

"Isn't that illegal?" He asked, finding his voice for the first time since he laid eyes on the files.

"Only if they catch you" She winked at him, and he felt a weird feeling rising in his chest.

He didn't like it.

It made him feel insecure, unstable.

Unsafe.

"I'm invisible. This is a horrible day."

"You'll get used to it, maybe she has a friend"

His metal hand grabbed the wooden table, and the wood splintered beneath his fingers.

Anna gasped in surprise, covering her mouth with her hand. If it wasn't for the glove he was wearing she surely would have ran out of the room in horror.

His jaw clenched at the pain that came along with memory. He felt the dam break, and knew he had to get away from Anna before it flooded.

"I'm sorry." He stated bluntly, as he gathered the papers and stuffed them back into the thick folder. "I need to leave."

"Oh. Alright." Anna watched him with a mixed expression of curiosity and confusion, Her shocking green eyes following his. "If you ever need anymore just give me a call."

He felt his body tense at the smile she gave him as she pulled her blonde hair from her eyes.

He was not used to smiles.

He walked out the door without saying anything, determind to leave quickly as possible.

-

-

-

I winced as I heard the door swing shut with a bang. I hope he didn't break it too. He definitely was strange.

I studied the crushed wood of my polished table. He had crushed the edge of it completely. My eyes narrowed in confusion as just ran my hands over the 'dent' in the wood.

That shouldn't be possible.

I snapped out of my trance as I heard the phone ring. I climbed up stairs but didn't reach it in time to pick it up, so it went to voicemail.

"Hey honey, it's your mom. I was wondering if you could come stay with me and your father over the weekend? You didn't seem to want to be near us when you came and got those papers. I am very disappointed. Hopefully see you soon."

Yeah, that was it.

No, 'Love you' or 'we miss you.'

They always wanted a perfect little girl that would have grandkids for them. 'Do this, do that, don't be friends with them' is how my life was lived till I graduated. I was never trusted to do anything on my own.