Chapter Twenty - Pink Alice

Chapter Twenty//Pink Alice

Finally, the three of us started walking to the Red Palace. The closer we got, the more nervous I'm getting.

"This way! That Way!" Nivens would often say. And Alice and I would follow him.

"We're here." Alice muttered. I looked at her as she stopped walking. I glared at the walls which were now towering over us. "Nivens... They do know that she's here, right?"

"I don't know. But this would be a surprise for them." Nivens said excitedly. "This way!" He hopped off, again, to where the guards are. When they saw me approach them, they immediately knelt down.

"Welcome, Pink Alice." The Red Card Guards said. Wait... Pink Alice..? "The Red King and Queen await you." They continued. I sighed, walking inside.

The walls were now red, with paintings of People. The frames, however, were uneven as they were tilted. I looked at the ground, seeing the grey tiles and a red carpet which I so happen to be stepping on. My eyes followed the carpet to where it ended straight ahead: a big brown door.

"Hey, Nivens. Why did they call Pinky 'Pink Alice'?" Alice asked.

"In the human world, her name is Kylie." He calmly answered. "But in here, her birth name is Pink Alice. Pink Alice of Wonderland."

"I'm guessing they got the 'pink' part because of her pink hair." She snorted. "Well, Pinky. What do you think?"

"I think it's unique." I smiled. "Makes it sound like the person who saved me, after all the things she did." Alice went red a bit, looking away.

"Eh... That's the nicest thing I've heard." She muttered. We continued walking until we were in front of the door, with two other guards.

"The Red King and Queen are inside, Pink Alice." They said, opening the door. I nodded as we stepped him. However, I looked at the scene, confused. The King was sitting on his throne, laughing, while the Queen was playing Croquet... Indoors.

"Richard, I got it in!" The Queen shouted, unaware of our presence.

"See what I mean? Crazy." Alive whispered. I nodded in agreement.

"Ah, you're getting better Beth." The Red King said, clapping his hands.

"Your Royal Highness." Nivens coughed. Both of them jumped and looked at us.

"Pink Alice. We've been waiting for you." The Red King calmly said. The Red Queen dropped her mallet and walked over to us.

"Oh Kylie, look how much you've grown!" She cried, touching my cheeks and hugging me. "Oh, Richard look! The butterfly hairpin you gave her!"

"I can see that, darling. Oh, Pink. You look like your mother." The Red King smiled.

"Father... Mother..." I muttered. It's really them... Tears fell in my eyes as I stared at them.