Chapter Eighteen - Red Palace

Chapter Eighteen//Red Palace

Alice and I started racing towards the rabbit, giggling on the way.

"Can't beat me!" Alice snorted, "I'm one of the fastest people in Wonderland!"

"Since you're the ONLY person here!" I laughed. "As if!" We saw Nivens stopped as we slowed down.

"Kylie, it's right there." He calmly said, pointing at the small hole. I nodded, slowly crouching down and put my arm through it.

"I think I cut my finger!" I said, shuddered after felt my finger on something sharp.

"Probably the pocket knife..." Nivens muttered. "Keep searching!" I nodded, feeling every inch of the hole.

"Got it!" I smiled, pulling it out. The same purple and pink hairpin I have been looking for are finally in my hands. "I'm never letting you go ever again."

"Now she's talking to a hairpin..." Alice muttered. I glared at her as she just smiled. "Ready to go to your next destination?"

"W-Where's that?" I asked. Nivens hopped in excitement.

"To the Red Palace!" He cheerfully said. I gulped.

"B-But that's where my parents are." I sighed. "What should I say? What should I do even?" Questions after questions went through my mind, making me feel dizzy.

"Hey, Chillax." She smiled. "There are your parents. Although, the Red Queen is nuts..." She trailed off.

"So, do you want to go?" Nivens asked. I nodded.

"Yeah... I do." I said, confidently. "Show me where it is!" They both nodded as we looked at the view.

"It's just there," Alice explained, pointing downhill. "Pretty, right?" The Palace had red hearts painted on the white wall, giving it some character. At the doors were card guards with big spears.

"How are we going to get past the guards?" I asked, looking at Alice.

"Nivens... You're allowed into the palace, right?" Nivens nodded. "So how about Nivens distract the guards while Pinky and I sneak into the palace-"

"-Or maybe Nivens just say that we're visitors for the Red Queen and King? This isn't a James Bond Mission or anything?" I interrupted.

"That could work." She nodded. "Nivs, are you up for it?"

"Yes! I've wanted Kylie to meet them ever since she got here!" He nodded.

"Right, we should go," I said, taking my first steps. "After all, there's someone waiting for me."

"It's too far. It's best if we camp for tonight." Alice suggested. "And besides, it's getting dark." I looked up; she's right.