Chapter Twelve - Nivens McTwisp

Chapter Twelve//Nivens McTwisp

"Aha! I think I have an idea!" Hatter said, standing up. "We need to go to the Queen of Hearts!" Alice looked at him in shock, causing her to let go of her cup and break.

"I refuse." She said. "She's a mad woman."

"B-But Alice." I insisted, taking a sip of my tea. "It could be my one shot of taking me back home!" She looked at me up and down before sighing.

"Hatter, a word?" He nodded as he followed Alice into the little house. I stretched a bit and looked around me. The table looked messy, with uneven heights of tables and chairs. Well, no thanks for the ground as its all bumpy.

"Ooh! Cake!" I heard a voice. I quickly turned around to see the same white rabbit I was chasing.

"You... Can't have it." I immediately said, standing up. "You're not invited to the tea party." He seemed upset as he looked down. "..... Fine... One Slice." I gave up. The White rabbit hopped in glee as he sat on the seat next to me.

"You're so kind, miss." He said as I cut a slice of cake and gave some to him.

"I never had a chance to ask for your name." I said facing him. "May I ask for your name?"

"It's Nivens McTwisp." He answered. "Please to meet you. And you are..?"

"Kylie Smith." I smiled. We shook hands, well I shook his paw, before having another sip. "Oh, you have my father's hairpin."

"Do I?" Nivens looked at me confused. "I just saw his butterfly stone recently-"

"Yeah! That's the one!" I paused for a moment. "Sorry about that." I laughed a bit.

"Ahh, you need to learn your table manners." He laughed along. "Tell you what, if you complete Table Manners 101, I'll give you back your hairpin."

"Table Manners 101..? W-What's that?"

"It's a programme where it teaches outsiders like you some actual manners." Said her voice at the end of the table. "Nivs. Nice seeing you."

"Alice. Nice seeing you again." Nivens Smiled. Rabbits can smile?! That was unexpected.

"Yeah... Seeing you, unbelievable..." She trailed off. "But anyway, if we find this pin that your mother gave you-"

"Alice it's her father's!" Hatter corrected. I smiled at him as he played with his hat.

"-Whatever! Don't interrupt me!" She took a deep breath and continued. "So annoying... But anyway, the quicker you passed this test, the quicker you can go home."

"Right." I nodded firmly.

"Although, do amuse me. I have a very good feeling about this." She laughed.

Alice, I'll prove you wrong, after I found out what you're doing. Just you wait and see.