Chapter Nineteen - Today's the Day

Chapter Nineteen//Today's the Day

Alice suggested that we should camp out instead of going back to Hatter's place since it would be a bother for him.

"Alice, do you even know how to set up a campfire even?" I curiously asked. "It's not like you went to some girl scouts or anything." I looked down at her as she knelt down with some sticks on the floor and some on her hand.

"Actually, I did." She smiled. After a few seconds, a small yellow light flickered as it got big enough

"Wow!" Me and Nivens looked at the fire in amazement.

"We would go camping, star-gazing and even cook. Such fun..." She looked up at the sky, which was now dark blue, going into purple. "Pinky, look! A Shooting Star!" She pointed out. I quickly looked at the sky, seeing that star whizz by. "Everyone should make a wish!"

"Eh?!" I looked at the star. Make a wish, huh... I smiled as I closed my eyes. "Done!" I said, giggling.

"Same!" Nivens smiled as he hopped on the spot excitedly. "Shooting Stars are my favourite!"

"Say, Nivens, what do you do in Wonderland?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm a researcher." He proudly said. "I've studied many things here in Wonderland."

"So... Do you know where the giants came from?" I smiled.

"Jack and the Beanstalk!" I tilted my head in interest as he slowly started his theory about when and why they came here.

Before I knew it, it was morning. The sunlight shone on my face, causing me to wake up, slowly.

"Today's the day, huh?" I muttered, stretching. "Hey, Alice. Wake up." I whispered to her, gently shaking her.

"Hm... Oh, Kylie. Hey." She smiled a bit, carefully standing up.

"Wait! Did you just call me 'Kylie'?" I asked, surprised. She froze for a moment before shaking her head.

"Pinky is what I'm always going to call you whether you like it or not!" She said quickly, raising her voice a bit. I giggled, looking to my right.

"Where's Nivens?" I asked. Alice shrugged her shoulders, continue to stretch.

"I'm here, Kylie. Don't you worry!" I heard his cheerful voice. I smiled in relief as I saw him with a bag. "I went to Hatter's place to get something for you guys to eat."

"So sweet, Nivens." I giggled, patting his head. He hid his face in embarrassment.

"It's nothing really. But eat up." Nivens handed out me and Alice a cupcake and himself a cookie. Guess Rabbits don't like cupcakes... I thought to myself.

"Cheers Nivens." Alice smiled, taking one and eating it. "Now, we have enough energy to go get to the Red Palace." I nodded, eating up my treat.

The Red Palace.