Chapter Fourteen - Caught in a Trap

Chapter Fourteen// Caught in a Trap

I looked at Alice confused but all she ever did was shook her head. "Just... go and get your pin." I nodded as I followed Nivens into the woods.

"So Nivens... why did you take my pin?" I asked. I've been meaning to ask this for a long time.

"Ahh, it may not seem like it, but it's a Wonderland Treasure." He answered. "By the Royal Family."

"The Royal Family?!" I repeated surprisingly. "That's... impossible-! My father said it was a rare golden pin..."

"Which was made in Wonderland. Didn't you notice a diamond mark with 'Wonderland' written at the of the butterfly?" He paused his tracks.

"Well..." I started, "I thought it was just a signature. But I seriously don't understand why it came here."

"MAYBE it slips out of the hole to the human world. It's not as IF you're part of the family.." he trailed off.

"What did you say..?" I stopped my tracks. He stopped hopping and looked down.

"N-Nothing-!" He smiled a bit. "Just forget what I said!" He continued hopping forward. I shook my head and sighed.

"Nivens," I said in a warning tone. "Spill the tea." I folded my arms.

"Well... you see... Your parents are alive." He started. "They didn't get involved in a car accident... It was just a rumour." I couldn't believe my ears.

"My parents... alive?!" I said, surprised. "So, where are they?" Nivens smiled brightly.

"I thought you'd have guessed but they're the Royal Family." Is this even happening? "This is where you really belong, Kylie."

"Wait... So how does Aunt Rebecca know nothing about this?" I asked curiously.

"She does... but because I ruined it, you were supposed to know when you're 16... so that you can rule Wonderland one day."

"Why wait for an extra year when you can see them now?" I heard a voice above me. "After all, I think Pinky has the right to see her parents after 10 years of separation~" Alice..? I looked up seeing her standing on a branch, smiling cheekily.

"Alice... I-I thought you had something to do..." I stared at her confused.

"Oh, I did. Doing this!" She said as she pulled a rope above her. Suddenly I felt my feet being knocked down as me and Nivens got caught up in a net that was dangling on another branch.

"Hey-! What's the meaning of this?" I said, surprised. "We're caught in a trap."

"Yes, I can see that. Now, do you remember that question you asked me that I couldn't answer?" Is she talking about that question?

"Why are you not back home? Isn't your family looking for you?"

"Well, here's the answer so listen up!" She took a deep breath and continued. "It's all your parent's fault! They made this one silly rule that at least one human being from the human world should stay here." She scoffed.

"W-What..?" She's not telling the truth, isn't she?