Chapter Eleven - The Mad House

Chapter Eleven//The Mad House

Me!

"Congratulations, Pinky. You won." Alice sighed, clapping her hands slowly. "But the moment this plan fails, I'm taking charge!"

"Okay, Caterpillar. What's going to happen?" I smiled.

"I will be the one who makes you grow-"

"Wait!" Alice interrupted. "I haven't got the shrinking potion." She sighed. "I left two bottles outside my house and it's gone." I froze. Busted...

"Hatter's house isn't far from here. Go THERE!" The caterpillar said. "He WILL have potions."

"Y-Yeah..!" I agreed with it. "I mean, it said so in the book, I remember!"

"Book? WHAT book?" It looked at me confused. Just as I was about to speak, Alice interrupted again.

"So, let's grow!" She said, smiling. The caterpillar nodded. Just in that moment, I felt my toes tingling.

"Hehe, it tickles." I giggled a bit. Alice nodded as I felt myself getting closer and closer to the sky.

"Thanks, little pal." Alice said, crouching down to the caterpillar.

"Hope you return home, Kylie." The caterpillar waved. I paused.

"How did you know my name?" I said curiously. But the caterpillar didn't answer, except saying,

"I am the ONE." I sighed as I started walking onwards.

"Pinky. I'll catch you up in a sec." I nodded as I continued going. I wonder what Mad Hatter's house is like... A few seconds later, Alice ran up to me and smiled. "So off to the Mad House." She grinned.

"Mad House...?" I repeated, having no idea what she meant.

"Mad Hatter!" She sighed. "Pinky, you are ridiculous. What books did your parents read to you when you were little?"

"Cinderella?" I shrugged my shoulders. She shook her head as she continued walking. "Oh, Alice-"

"I think I see Hatter..." Alice whispered, stopping her tracks once again. "Don't mind your manners... This is Wonderland after all."

"Right..." I whispered back. "Why are we even whispering?"

"I don't even know." She admitted, looking at me, followed by us two bursting of laughter. After that, I followed Alice as she walked to the scene and sat down.

"Alice you made it!" The Hatter said, clapping his hands. I giggled as Alice folded her arms, smirking.

"Yeah, I am. Pinky's next to you, just to let you know." She said, pointing at me.

"Oh!" I froze, looking at Hatter. "Erm... Hi?"

"Hi young one! Take a seat!" He said, cheerfully.

"Eek!" He ended up kicking me to a seat as I tumbled on top of it. "Great...." I muttered as Alice laughed.

"My Pinky. Aren't you clumsy?" She burst laughing. I rolled my eyes as I sat straight. "Anyway, Hatter, there's a business we need to discuss."

"What type?" He asked, holding the teapot on top of my cup. I nodded as he poured some in and walked away as he did the same thing for Alice.

"Pinky here doesn't actually belong here." She started. I looked at her in shock followed by me folding my arms.

"Oh, how nice of you." I snorted out. She glared at me before continuing.

"She fell down the rabbit hole." She continued. "You know, the same one I fell in. Anyway, some rabbit had taken her hairpin that came from her mother-"

"My FATHER actually!" I said, emphasising the father part. This was annoying me already.

"Her father sorry." She smiled. I faked smiled back before looking at the Hatter.

"Ahh... So with the built up curiosity in her, she chased the rabbit down the rabbit hole, whom so happened to have her mother- I mean Father's hairpin."

"Yeah. It sounds better when you say it." Alice giggled. Once again, I rolled my eyes as I watch the two.

Alice... What are you playing at?