Chapter Fifteen - The Truth

Chapter Fifteen// The Truth

"It's all your parent's fault! They made this one silly rule that at least one human being from the human world should stay here." She scoffed.

"W-What..?" She's not telling the truth, isn't she?

"Of course, you came a day early." She shook her head. "Though, getting you trapped was easier than expected, thank goddess for that. So now, this is what is going to happen. You meet mama and papa while I leave."

"A-Alice-! Wait! That's not fair!" I protested.

"That's not fair? What's not fair is that my family might think I'm dead already." She shouted.

"W-Why me? What have I done to you to deserve this?"

"Well... you've hurt me..." She sighed, touching her chest. "You said that fairy tales aren't real.."

"Is that true, Kylie?" Nivens asked. I hesitated at first but then I nodded.

"I feel ya, Nivens. I really do. The princess of Wonderland doesn't believe in fairytale. So let me tell you something: Fairytales DO exist." I froze. I always believe that they aren't real...

"Alice, I'm sorry." I apologised. "That's what people think though."

"Too late to say sorry now." Alice laughed. "So, I gotta go. Back home."

"Wait... one more thing..." I sighed. "The book you wrote-"

"What...book?" The little bunny interrupted.

"I knew there was something off." I smiled. "You told me that I shouldn't allow people to discover wonderland when you wrote a book about it!"

"Huh... so you noticed?" She smiled. "Pinky is smart after all. But the thing, the book isn't titled as 'Alice'. And it just happened when the book was thrown out of the portal, a guy took over."

"Lewis Carroll..." I said. Alice must have lied about herself... "Alice, you're not the sweet girl everyone thought. In fact, you're a villain."

"No, that's not true. You're THE villain here." And just like that, she jumped down a tree and walked off. I'm... the villain..?

I looked over at Nivens, who had his back towards me.

"Nivens....?" No reply. I guess he's upset. "Look, I'm sorry I-"

"No... I'm sorry I brought you here." Nivens cut me off. I shook my head.

All of this was my fault.

"No..." I muttered. "Nivens, it should be me that's apologising. I did not know that this was going to happen...." I looked up at the net and smiled. "But we can make something happen now."

"W-What do you mean?" Nivens asked.

"We're getting out of here."