Chapter Nine - The Forest

Chapter Nine// The Forest

After deciding which route to take over, we finally got out of the house and set off.

"Oh, Alice?" I asked. "Who do those giant feets belong to?" I remembered.

"Oh, those?" She shrugged her shoulders. "Giants. New species in Wonderland." Alice said, looking up. "No one knows where they come from or how they got here..." I looked up along with her.

"They nearly squashed me." I squealed. Alice giggled as she turned to me.

"Then, there's always the thought that I wish it did... Pinky can't listen is one thing." She laughed as I frowned.

"Then, there's always the thought that I wish I didn't go down the rabbit hole." I added, folded my arms. That was good... Right?

"I guess so." She smiled as she held her map. "Right, time to go through the forest." She said. I nodded as we went stood in front of it.

"Beautiful..." I muttered, looking at my surroundings. I lifted my face, letting the sunlight and shadow dance across my skin. The gentle breeze surrounded us, joining in. Deers, bunnies, bees and Hares were crowded together with birds chirping in the trees, happily, as if there was a meeting taking place. The flowers lay scattered on the grass like frozen flames, bringing their cool blaze to the early spring afternoon. This is a fairytale for you.

"Meh... I get used to it every day. It bores me." Alice interrupted, in disgust. "Come along." We started walking as I still looked amazed at the scenery.

"The forest wasn't like this back in my world. All we have is flowers dying, litter and bad boys. Not a pleasant surprise..." Alice giggled.

"I don't mind bad boys~" She smirked. I stopped to think for a moment.

"Never said in your book thou." I pointed out. This time it was her turn to freeze.

"Eh? T-That's because... You can't write EVERYTHING in a book, ya know." She said, looking away from me. "But let's continue with the mission." I nodded as we continued looking.

"Alice, wait." I paused, holding her shoulder. "I hear someone singing." I told her. We looked up to the sky and saw lines of smokes drifting off.

"He's nearby." Alice whispered. "Keep your eyes peeled." I nodded as we split up, looking.

If I was a caterpillar, where would I be...? Trees? I sighed as I continue searching. A mushroom caught my eye, but I was too small, since I drank the potion when I entered Alice's house.

Curious, I walked towards it, and got on my tiptoes. As I stretched over, my eyes caught two big eyes looking at me.

"Who are YOU?" The creature asked. I jumped as I landed on the floor.

"Wait... The Caterpillar..!"