Chapter Ten - The Caterpillar

Chapter Ten// The Caterpillar

"Who are YOU?" The caterpillar asked again. I thought for a moment.

"I'm the one!" I said proudly. Well, it's safe to tell a stranger a lie, you know.

"You are not the one. I am the ONE. So who are YOU?" I sighed. Looks like I have to tell him the truth. The moment I opened my mouth, a voice interrupted.

"She's Miss Pinky. A visitor or mine!" Alice smiled. I frowned, looking away from her.

"Alice... No time, no see." It said to her. "But SHE'S with you?" I looked at. The caterpillar in surprised.

"Should I be offended by that?" I said, folding my arms.

"Yeah, sadly." Alice laughed slightly, sitting on the mushroom. "Now, where were we?"

"The part where I leave?" I sighed, turning around. And here I thought I was going to get out of here.

"Wait!" The caterpillar spoke. "I have something to say!" I paused. Something to say...

"What?" I asked, turning around. Alice looked at the caterpillar, smiling.

"Lemme guess, 'Keep your temper'? I remember you saying that to me." She giggled. I glared at her, feeling angrier.

"No, ALICE." The caterpillar sighed. Do caterpillars even sigh? I looked at it in shock. Things in Wonderland is beyond extraordinary. "She wants to return home." Alice went silent for a second.

"Yes! That's true! How do you k-know?" I asked, surprised.

"He's the One, remember?" Alice reminded. "So he'll know what will happen."

"So, I'm going to help you." The caterpillar continued. I sparkled my eyes in joy.

"Wait. I thought I was helping YOU, Pinky!" Alice said, scowling.

"But Alice, this could be easier." I muttered. "I want to get home quick."

"And I thought we were warming up to each other. You disappoint me, Kylie." I paused.

"Now, now, girls. Settle DOWN." It interrupted us. We both looked at 'the one' as he started puffing off smoke. "There's a way of settling this."

"Then it's on." I said, adding a hint of confidence.

"One side will be the correct side, and the other side is wrong." I looked at him confused.

"He meant the Mushroom, if you're that stupid." Alice scoffed. I sighed, looking at either side of the caterpillar. In the end, I chose the left-hand side of the caterpillar and Alice took the right-hand side of the caterpillar.

Hope I got it right... I thought to myself.

"The correct side is..." I looked at where he pointed.

"Yes!" Said the winning person. And that was...