Chapter Eight - What... Plan?

Chapter Eight// What... Plan?

"Right. How do I look?" I asked as she sat in the kitchen.

"You look... Alice-ordinary... You know, just put Alice and extraordinary together!"

"Really?" I leaned to the side as she giggled. "So, what's next, Alice?" I asked, walking to the table.

"Let's start off with this cake." She said, holding the box that was there before. "Somebody ate it, and I want to find out who." I gulped.

"It... Was me." I admitted. "I know I shouldn't have-" I was interrupted by Alice laughing. Seriously though, what's wrong with Alice?

"Thank you." She smiled. "For being my test dummy in case this was poisoned." I frowned.

"What made you think of that?" I asked.

"Hatter, of course. He's the one who gave me a potion. Well, actually I took a random one from his closet, without reading the labels..." I folded my arms.

"Well, just to let you know, the cake's nice. But does it really need a potion? Alice, I could have died!"

"I-It wasn't my intention to-! It's not as if I knew you were coming today!" She raised her voice. Knew I was coming today....? "I was desperate, right. To actually make a cake that was nice."

Alice wasn't acting herself. She panicked and stuttered and it made me feel bad. "Pinky, yeah I know I left you in the cold room, but I wouldn't kill you."

"Okay, okay, fine. I forgive you." She smiled in relief. "You can calm down."

"Thank you so much!" She looked at me, calming down "....the plan wouldn't work without you..." She muttered.

"What... Plan?" I asked. She jumped and paused for a moment.

"You know, getting you home!" She smiled. I nodded but there's something off about her... "So, I think it's best to go in order of how I travelled through Wonderland." She stated. "Can you remember from the book?"

"Let's see... After going through the corridor, I landed on a pile of leaves instead of a pool of tears. By the way, Haha for you." I added while Alice pulled a face.

"It wasn't funny, ya know." She said. "But continue."

"A mouse saved you-"

"But I saved you do skip that part!" Alice interrupted. "And the window incident was you thinking I tricked you."

"Advice from the Caterpillar." I snapped my fingers. "So, we look for the caterpillar." Alice smiled.

"Yeah, that'll do." She said, looking in her drawers. She pulled out an old-fashioned map. "Ready?"

"I'm ready."