Chapter 1

Hey guys, I had this new story idea and wanted to try it out. I hope you enjoy this story! Please comment and tell me what you think! I promise I'll improve the story though it might be gradual.  ^_^

_________________________________________________________

 Christopher's POV

            A beautiful mountain landscape with luscious spring water falling from cliffs, the markets buzzing with merchants and customers, and the cave mines echoing the sound of the pick axes discovering jewels and gold- this was the beautiful kingdom of Cardinia. An apprentice boy who worked for a blacksmith was running an errand for his master. He took a break from his long errand and looked up past the tall forest trees; for past the tips of the evergreen leaves, there stood the grand palace of Cardinia, home to the royal family and its servants. The boy squinted as he saw a particular window which has been left open on the third story, four windows from the right.

            What the boy did not know was that the room belonged to the high prince of Cardinia. He did not know that the high prince of Cardinia had just woken up. He did not know that the high prince of Cardinia was me.

            I woke up in incredible lassitude and with an enormous headache to match. From how I felt I could imagine how much I had drank the previous night. I heard a soft moan from my side and saw a woman by my side. She did not look familiar- possibly a new maid. She pulled the covers over her bare shoulders and her messy hair tousled on the soft pillow her head rested upon. I gave an exasperated sigh as I put some clothes on. As I was finishing the last piece of my attire, the girl woke up. From her face and her body, I could tell she was older than me- which was normal since most girls I fooled around with were older. She did not smile at me and her eyes shifted down as she could not bear to look in the eyes of the man she gave her womanhood to.

            I threw her a ruby ring I had stashed in my drawers. She caught it and gazed at me as I started to walk out.

            “That is payment for last night. Get dressed and get out. Do not tell any of what happened or you will regret it.”

She nodded and I headed out the door. I softly closed the bedroom door behind me as I heard someone clear his throat.

            “What do you want of me Hector?”

The man- my tutor for several years now- leaned his back against the wall and looked at me with his usual expression of equanimity.

            “You missed all of your morning duties.” He stated.

            “Well, I was up late last night.”

            “Yes, I could tell by your drunken behavior as you brought yet another new maid into your chambers. Two maids in one week- you have been busy.”

            “What can I say Hector? I live as a hedonist.”

            “Well, then perhaps you can take pleasure in attending the meeting with the council of lords.”

            “Are these meetings not impractical? The topic is always the same, especially with Sir Patrick there.”

            “Well, no matter how you feel about this meeting it is imperative that you attend in place of your father.”

In the end, no matter how insipid I was, I found myself in the large council room where I only heard the debates between old men and the droll sound of Sir Patrick’s yells.