Chapter 31

Chapter 31

~GERARD'S POV~

I was in the car, headed to pick up Holly from the hospital. She had called me just a few minutes before, and sounded... weird. Maybe she had mixed emotions about leaving the hospital, but whatever it was, at least she was getting out of there. 

I felt bad for freaking out on her the other day when I visited. She was going through a hard time, and I should've been more sensitive I guess. Now the hard times would be over. She wouldn't hurt herself anymore. She and Frank were no longer together. So maybe, just maybe this could work. We could be together. Not sneaking behind Frank's back anymore. It could work, right? 

It took me about fifteen minutes to arrive at the hospital. Holly was standing in front of the building with her bag slung around her shoulder. I parked the car a few feet in front of her, and  I hopped out to help her in.

"Hey." I smiled at her. She gave me back a smile as she brushed the hair behind her ear nervously.

"Hey." she responded as I opened the passenger door for her. She climbed into the car and I got back in my seat. "Thanks for picking me up, Gerard." She said as she stared at her hands that were held together in her lap.

"No problem." I said taking my gaze from the road to look at her face. She seemed nervous and fidgety. Not her normal self.

It was quiet for a moment as we rode in silence until I couldn't take it anymore, and I had to ask what was going on with her. "Holly, are you alright?"

"Yeah." she quickly responded.

"Are you sure?" I pressed.

Holly sighed and shook her head slightly. "No." she mumbled.

"What is it?"

She continued to shake her head as she stared downward avoiding my eyes. "Gerard... I-I...I don't know how you're going to feel about this. I'm just really scared, and I don't know what's going to happen..."

I gave her a questioning look to urge her to get to the point. 

"Gee... I-" she sighed and finally turned her head to face me. "I'm pregnant."

Okay. So. Pregnant. 

Pregnant. Uh. Okay. Well... Uhm. Pregnant? Like with a baby? Shit. Shit. Shit. Holy shit. Pregnant. I'm  pretty sure she just said she was pregnant. She did say that right? Maybe I'm just hearing things. Yeah. That's probably it. I'm just going crazy.

"Gerard? What are you thinking?" she asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Pregnant?" I choked out.

She nodded and tried to study my face. God knows what emotions she could see.

I mean, I was happy because, well, It's Holly, and if that's my baby, then this is exactly what I had wanted. Maybe not this soon, but it had been what I wanted.

Then again, I was terrified because a baby? Like holy shit. A real live human inside of her. And I helped to make it? 

"Gee, we didn't use a condom a few weeks ago. It... Its a real baby inside of me. That's fucking scary."

Okay. A baby. Wow. Yeah, still not over that. Holy shit. A baby. We're going to have a baby. A child. It'll grow up to be a teenager and then go to college. Holy shit. I'm going to be a dad. Change diapers. Feed the baby. Holy Shit.

...Maybe I should stop saying holy shit so much...

No. One more time.

Holy shit. A baby. 

"I'm going to be a... dad?" I asked.

"Gee, I understand if you don't want anything to do with the baby. You've got the band to deal with, and tours, and recording the next album. It's fine if-"

"No!" I said strongly. "I- I want the baby to be ours. You'll be the mom, and I'll be the dad, and we'll be a normal family..."

"Are- are you sure? I understand if you-"

"I want the baby Holly, and I want you too." I stated firmly as I stared into her eyes. 

"So... we're really going to do this together?... raising a child?" she asked.

I smiled and nodded my head. "Can't be that hard." I said with sarcasm, trying to lighten the mood.

But still. Holy shit. We're having a fucking baby. That's...scary.

"Gerard, do you understand what this means? We're going to raise a child all by out selves..."

"Yeah. We'll be a family. It'll be You, me, Zachary, and the baby." I grinned.

She finally smiled back as we pulled up into the driveway of my house. "So... what happens next?" She asked as I unlocked the front door.

"Well... you can move in with me... and bring Zachary with you right?" I offered.

"Yeah. I mean... If you're okay with it..." 

"Of course I am. We're gonna be... a family." I pulled her into a hug and she laid her head on my chest.

"Gerard, I'm scared." she whispered.

"Don't be."

~FRANK'S POV~

I glanced at my watch. It was six o'clock. Holly should be out of the hospital. I wonder who picked her up... Maybe Elijah did...

Picking up my phone, I dialed her number and waited to hear her voice again. She probably wanted to see Zachary, and I wanted to see her.

"Hey." she answered.

"Hey, Holly. You're out from the hospital?"

"Mhm. Just got back."

"Oh, so you're at Elijah's house? Can I come over? Zachary wants to see you." Okay, and maybe I really just wanted to see her too. When I had said that I still loved her the other day when I was drunk. I really meant it. I know I should hate her for what she did with Gerard, but I just couldn't. 

"Well.. I'm not at Elijah's. Gerad picked me up." she stated.

His name made me twitch. Gerard. Why would she be with him? I hated even hearing his name.

"Oh."

"Frank, I need to talk to you sometime. Can I meet you somewhere tomorrow?" Holly asked.

"Sure, of course." I replied. "What do you need to tell me?"

"I-I just want to tell you in person. I'll, um talk to you later, I've got to go."

"Oh... okay, I'll call you tomorrow?"

"Mkay, bye Frank."

"Bye." I said as I hung up. 

Well okay then. So she was staying with Gerard. That was like a slap in the face for me. I hated to admit it, but I was jealous of him.

And I couldn't stop thinking about what Holly was going to tell me? What could be so important that she didn't want to tell me over the phone...?

~~~~~~

Ok guys. I really need your advice on who Holly should be with... If you would comment below and tell me if you prefer her with Frank or Gerard, I'll take a vote and try to think of how to continue the story. I'm just not sure who she should be with, so your help is much appriciated. >.<

as always, thank you all so much for reading! <3