Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

Holly was sitting on the balcony of her apartment in New York. Her mind was completely blank as she looked down to all the pedestrians and traffic rushing below. All of a sudden the loud ring of her cell phone knocked her out of her trance. She looked at the caller I.D. It was Elijah her cousin. They had always been so close, but the past couple of years they hadnt talked much. She quickley answered, and said:

-"Hey Elijah!"

"Hey Holly, I've got some really good news!" he said excitedly.

-"Really, she chuckled, What is it??"

"Okay, so you know how I've been the tour mangager for My Chemical Romance, right? Well, they're going on tour this summer. Its a pretty big tour...And well I was wondering if you would want to tag along, you know, to help out. You would be like my assistant..."

She was speechless. Go on tour with My Chemical Romance?? That would be amazing. A smile crept across her face. It had been a while since the last time she smiled. She looked down once more at the street full of people and traffic. She wanted to get out of here. To get out of this town, and to just get away from all her troubles.

"Hello, Holly? Are you there?"

-"YES..of course...i would...i would love to!!" she screamed with joy into the phone.

"Haha, well alright then, ill email you the link to print out your plane ticket to New Jersey. The first concert of the tour is tonight, so you should get here just in time. You're gonna need to pack...ALOT.You've got to have enough to wear for the whole summer. But Holly, I know you too well, dont go overboard when you pack"

-"Yes, yes alright!"She said excitiedly

They said their goodbyes and hung up. Holly rushed around her apartment, shoving all her clothes into the luggage bags. To say she was excitied was an understatement. After packing all of her clothes, she prinited the plane tickets out. She watched the printer as the tickets slowly emerged. The smile on her face faded away as she realized it would be her first time on a plane since her parents died. That was years ago, but she still hated planes. She always would. 

Her parents had worked in the twin towers. And ever since the day that plane crashed into the skyscapers, her life had never been the same. She remembers the day all too clearly:

She was in second grade when it happened. After the news of the terrorist attack reached the school, the students were immedialty released. A flood of worried parents rushed to pick up thier children from school. Holly sat on the front steps of her school for three hours. She cried because once every other child had been picked up, and her parents didnt show up, she knew. She knew that they were gone. Finally her older brother, Peter, came to get her. His face was red, and his eyes were watery. Never in her life had she seen her brother cry. He was always quiet and kept to himslef, but seeing him cry made her cry even more. He picked up Holly and hugged her as tightly as he could, and they cried together.
A few days later the state showed up, with news that they had found thier parents bodies amoung the wreckedge. They were taken to a foster home that same day. After that, Peter never talked, but Holly understood why he didnt talk.

They were moved from foster home to foster home, until last year when Holly turned 18, and moved into her own apartment. She didnt have a job, her boyfrind, Logan, of four years cheated on her and broke up with her two days ago, and her brother has still yet to talk to her. But now everything was going to be alright. She would leave this terrible city with all the terrible memories, and she would live for once.

HOLLY'S P.O.V

Going on tour with My Chemical Romance?! This would be the greatest summer ever! I grabbed the ticket off the printer, then looked around, making sure that I packed everything that I would need. The wedding picture of mom and dad caught my eye, so I carefully placed it in my bag. The last thing I got was my sketchbook and pencils, then I was out the door. I called a taxi, and made my way through the city towards the airport. Then I remebered about Sebastian. He was my bestfriend.I quickly grabbed my phone and told him the good news about my new job. He was happy for me, but I could tell by his voice that he was also sad that I was leaving. We talked on the phone the enitre cab ride, and I told him that he could visit me on tour whenever he wanted. Because, I mean, who wouldnt want to go to an MCR concert, and meet the band? He seemed happy at this thought, then we said our goodbyes.

I walked into JFK airport. My bags were checked, I went through the secruity, and then I sat in the waiting area for my flight. A voice came over the intercom, and announced that the flight was thirty minutes early, and that passengers could start boarding now. I got behind the line of people, and when it was my turn, I handed the airport worker my boarding pass. Thats when I noticed that my hands were shaking. The worker noticed too, and she sent me a reassuring smile. It was just a plane. I had nothing to be afraid of. I walked onto the plane and found my seat. The flight didnt last long at all. It would have been easier for me to just drive to New Jersey. But at least I was over my fear of planes. 

I stepped out of the airport and found Elijah waiting for me. He looked alot different than the last time i had seen him. He now had jet black hair, and a little lip piercing. This surprised me. He was always the good boy, but I guess when you're touring with a band like MCR, you change a little bit. He turned around and saw me.

"Holly, there you are!" he said while giving me a big hug

-"Elijah!...You look so..so different!"

"ah yes" he pointed to his hair."what do you think?"

-"im liking your new look alot" I chuckled.

"Well thank you" he said with a smile. Alirght, well we've got to head to the concert venue, and ill show you the tour buses and where you'll be sleeping"

We climbed into a taxi, and headed to the concert which would be starting in a couple hours. Elijah told me all about the band, and how they started. But I already knew all there was to know about My Chemical Romance. I had been a fan for so long, and they helped me get through a tough time. I glanced down at the scars on my wrists. In fact, if it werent for this band, I probably wouldnt even be alive. The thought of actually meeting the band, made me shake with excitement. I was so nervous! What if they didnt like me? What if they were just stuck up celebrities who wanted nothing to do with a girl like me? 

I brushed the thought away as the taxi pulled up to the staduim. Elijah directed the taxi driver to drive around to where all the tour buses were parked. Thats when I saw them. All four of them standing outside of one of buses. They were all talking and laughing. My heart was racing, but the cab parked behind another bus, and my veiw of the band was blocked. Elijah noticed my staring.

"Dont worry, kid. I'll introduce you to them after the show, ok? For now we've got to get you unpacked, and I'll show you around"

-"Mkay" I said with a smile as we unloaded the trunk of the cab, and climbed the steps to the bus where the stage crew lives.

I tried to get another look at the band. I couldnt believe it. I was going to get to meet them! They stood there in a circle, talking. Frank's eyes met mine. I immediatly looked down, embarrased for staring. I quickly grabbed the last suitcase out of the trunk and rushed into the bus. This was going to be a great summer. I just knew it.