Chapter 28

Chapter 28:

~HOLLY'S POV~

A man in a uniform that was identical to Mr. Happy Pants led me to my room. He told me that his name was Ronnie, but I didn't plan on remembering it. He slid a little key card on the door handle and it clicked open. The room was bright white, even the the furniture was blindingly too bright. A small bed was in the corner and next to it was a night stand. A desk was placed against the opposite wall of the bed and that was it. The room felt tight and cramped, but it wasn't that bad.

"You can get settled in, Holly." said the man. "The restrooms are down that hallway, and through that door is the common area. The rules say that you must be back in your room by ten o'clock each night. Meals are served in the common area. I am the manager of this floor, so if you have any problems, come see me." he talked lazily as if he'd said all of this a million times before, which he probably had. 

"Thanks.." I muttered in response. He turned and left me standing alone in my new home for the next two weeks. I plopped my bag on the bed, and dug through it's contents. I had only packed clothes... I wished that I had something to make this place feel not so... bare. Like a picture or something. 

I unpacked my clothes and shoved them into the nightstand drawer, then I sat on the edge of my bed trying to take in everything that had happened today.

I wonder if Gerard knew that I was here. Would Frank tell him? They probably weren't talking considering what happened with Gerard and I... Maybe Elijah would tell him. I wasn't sure why I wanted Gerard to know so badly, but I did. 

I didn't even want to talk to him. I'd much rather talk to Frank right now, even though I have nothing else to say. He just makes me feel comfortable, and right then, I felt about as uncomfortable as ever. 

The bed was stiff, and the room was just too bright for my liking. I felt so isolated being stuck in there. I suppose I could go into the common ares where everyone else would be, but I didn't feel like meeting new people. In fact, I was never up to making new 'friends' ever. I'm shy and besides, every relationship I have with someone gets fucked up by me anyways, so I stayed in my tiny room all night, pacing back and forth until I was tired enough to lay on the bed. 

Sleeping was out of the question, for my thoughts were having a war in my head. One side told me to be mad at Frank for making me come here while the other told me to thank him. The rational side of me realized that he was right to make me come, but he could've at least asked me... I really wanted to be furious with him, but I couldn't. 

~

I woke up the next morning to the sound of a knock on my door. I slumped over, then walked to the door while rubbing my eyes. 

It was Ronnie looking annoyed. "You've got a visitor." he stated.

"Oh, who?" I asked. I hoped it was Frank and not Gerard. But then around the corner walked Gerard. He gave me a weak smile as he got to my door. Ronnie left and shut the door behind him.

It was quiet for a moment, and the room was still. Quite awkward. Gerard stuck his hands in his pockets, and sat next to me on the edge of my bed. 

"This is all my fault," he muttered. It wasn't his fault. Not at all. I had caused all this to happen. I cheated on Frank.was the one that decided to cut myself. 

"No, Gerard, it's not-"

"Yes it is Holly!" he said loudly which surprised me. He was angry and I couldn't tell if the anger was aimed at me or not. His eyes were watery and his hands were shaking. What the hell was wrong with him? Even I wasn't that upset about being in a mental hospital, and I was the one who had to stay here! Not him! Why was he so concerned?