Chapter 27

Chapter 27:

~FRANK'S POV~

"Y-you tried to... kill yourself?" I asked her. She bit her lip and a tear slipped out of her eye. I pulled her into my arms and she cautiously leaned her head on my chest. She wasn't expecting me to hug her, and I wasn't exactly planning on it, but she needed me right now. I never meant for this to happen. Was it my fault? Holly had cheated on me... It can't be my fault. She was the one that chose to sleep with Gerard. I shouldn't have even been hugging her. I should be spiteful, but I couldn't. Seeing her like that made me want to tell her that everything was going to be okay, even if it wasn't. 

I had to do something. Holly couldn't keep doing this do herself. She was suicidal and there was only one thing I could think to do. I didn't want to tell her. I knew she'd refuse it, and she'd probably hate me. So when she got up to check on Zachary, I pulled out my laptop and looked up the number to a Psychiatric Hospital. I dialed the number into my phone and waited for someone to answer. 

I'd ask them what I should do, and then I'd ask them to pick up Holly and take her to the mental hospital. There she could get better.... I just couldn't stand to see her hurt herself anymore.

Holly would hate me for this, but I was doing the right thing... Right?

~HOLLY'S POV~

I went to check on Zachary who was in the kitchen. He gave me a big smile which made my tears stop. He could always make me happy. Just seeing his little grin made my spirits lift. I picked him up and took him into his room to get his diaper bag. Taking him home with me was what I was looking forward to. It was almost like having my brother back. 

Frank came into the room a few minutes later, and he frowned at me when he saw that I was holding Zachary's bag. I was talking Zachary home with me... Why wouldn't he want me to?

"Holly... I think it's best if Zachary stays with me..."

"Why?!" I asked angrily. He scratched the back of his neck uncomfortably and stepped closer to me. 

"I just don't think you should be caring for a baby right now.. Look at your wrists... You need to focus on caring for yourself..." I coudn't believe he wasn't going to let me take Zachary. It wasn't his business anymore. I could take care of myself and Zachary. I pulled the bag around my shoulder while I held the baby in my arms and went to walk past Frank to the door, but he stopped me. 

"I mean it, Holly. You're not taking him." he stated firmly. I gave up and put Zachary back in his crib. I didn't want to admit that I was just doing as Frank told me to do... No, I guess he was right. I should take care of myself before I try to handle a baby too...

Frank stood in the door way, leaning on the side, while looking guiltily at the ground. I stood over Zachary's crib for a moment stroking his soft hair until he fell asleep again. The room was still and quiet. Not to mention awkward. Frank wouldn't look up from his gaze that was aimed at the ground, and I got the weird feeling that there was something that he wasn't telling me. 

I couldn't stand another moment of the silence, and Elijah was still waiting outside in the car for me, so I made my way out the door, but once again I was stopped by Frank. What was it now?...

~FRANK'S POV~

I had called the psychiatric hospital, and they had agreed to pick up Holly right away. They had a suicidal ward, and I felt it was best if Holly went. They were already on their way, so I had to stall when Holly tried to leave. 

"Oh," I said grabbing her arm, but then I let go when I remembered the cuts, "You should get some of you clothes..."

"Oh, Okay." she said quietly. We walked to our bedroom... I mean, my bedroom, I guess. She walked to the closet and filled a gym bag up with some of her clothes. We hadn't lived together for more than a day, and she was already leaving. Yet she didn't know where. She thought she was packing for Elijah's house, but no... The hospital said they'd be here in twenty minutes to pick her up. They agreed to look into the severity of her case to determine how long she would have to stay there. Based on the cuts that I had seen, she'd probably be there for at least a few weeks.