Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

~HOLLY'S POV~

The concert was starting soon. The stadium had filled with adoring fans, and I was still backstage with the rest of the crew. The guys made their way onto stage and Gerard started his introduction. The crowd roared in excitement, and I rushed down to the pit so I could enjoy the show. Gerard was belting out the lyrics to Disenchanted and his eyes met mine. He stared into my eyes. His mouth was moving, but I no longer could hear what he was singing. He edged closer and closer to me at the edge of the stage. What the hell was he doing?! I could'nt look away though. The fans around me reached up to touch Gerard as leaned closer to me. He never took his gaze away from my eyes. I was frozen. It felt as if my feet were glued to the floor. 

"This never meant nothing to you, come on" he sang. I could see the hurt in his eyes. Then he abruptly pulled away and went back to singing as he crossed the stage. I stood there in shock. What was he trying to say? 

"Whoa! He was looking right at you!" shouted a fan next to me, but I could barley hear anyone now. All the voices were tuned out as my mind tried to process what had just happened. Frank looked at me from on stage, and I quickly smiled at him. I ran backstage to avoid another situation like that from happening. After another half hour, the show ended and the guys came off the stage sweaty and tired. Gerard walked by me as if nothing had happened then Frank greeted me. 

"That was an awesome show" I choked out.

"Yeah!... You alright Holly?" he asked, noticing my awkwardness. 

"Yeah, I think I might just have a cold or something..."

"Oh, you should head back to the bus and sleep. I'll take a shower and meet you there in a little bit"

"Okay." He kissed me on the cheek and went to his dressing room. Then I saw the back door that lead outside open and close. It must have been Gerard, so I rushed outside. He was leaning against the brick of the building taking a drag from his cigarette when he saw me. He smiled and waved. Why was he acting like what he did on stage earlier was completely normal? 

I walked to him and glanced around making sure Mikey or Ray wasn't around. The wall we were leaning on faced an empty parking lot, and except for a few fans and random people, we were alone for the time being. 

"Gerard, what was that back there on the sage?"

"I-I don't really know.."

I sighed. "The kiss that happened the other night, it can't happen again, okay?"

He looked down at his shoes and scowled. "Yeah, I understand. You love Frank. I get it."

"Gerard, please... just...I like you, but...I just can't cheat on Frank like that."

"You wouldn't have to cheat on him if you would've just broken up with him." he said looking me in the eyes.

"Well, I don't want to break up with him. I love him... Gerard, please understan-"

"Okay Holly, it's alright" he said and gave me a weak smile. "It's okay, I understand"

I returned the smile and he turned his head to look around, then walked closer to me. "Can I kiss you; just one last time, I promise.'

I was about to object, but really what harm could one kiss do. It was the last kiss. That's all he wanted. "Alright, but this is last one, then we can never do this again..." He leaned his head closer until our lips met. His hands cupped my face. The kiss lasted much longer than I thought it would... My hands were tangled in his hair as his tongue slipped past my lips. He tasted like coffee and cigarettes. I breathed in his scent and we kept softly moving our lips together. Minutes went by, but neither of us pulled away. This was out last kiss, we had to make it last, right? Frank would never know about it. It was the last, and it would never happen again. That's what I kept telling myself. I heard the faint click of a camera behind us, but I ignored it. I was too occupied with Gerard.