Chapter 38

Third POV

"So that's my story... From the amazing beginning to the painful middle and until now. Now you know just about everything about me." Tera said as she watched the sunrise with Sasuke who was stroking her hair softly as she kept her head on his shoulders.

Sasuke let out a small sigh.

"You're right. Now I know that you aren't the heartless bad ass shinobi that I thought you were." He said with a small chuckle when Tera brought her head up to look at him with eyes slightly narrowed. "Instead you're, a generous, caring, talented, smart, and loving person."

Tera shook her head very much amused with what Sasuke used to describe her. He's being a cheesy person which is nothing like him. This is the side that he will only ever show to her and no one else.

"About the bad ass part, don't think you're better now that you have that renningan. Being cocky and arrogant won't do you any good. It will only lead you to your downfall." She said trying to suppress the smile that she felt was about to show.

Sasuke raised a brow.

"So you think you can beat me?" He questioned amused with her as well.

Tera shrugged.

"You might be slightly faster than me, but intelligence is also key to winning a battle." She answered wisely.

Sasuke however didn't stop at that, even if she was right.

"Lets have a match then. Winner gets one favor from the other. It can be anything at all." He said quickly standing up from their seated position on the grass and holding out his hand to help Tera got on her feet as well.

"Alright. If I win, you'll pay the rent to my apartment for this month." She said with a smirk as she held Sasuke's hand to get up.

Their hands stayed connected even when Tera was on her feet. She didn't mind. She actually liked it. His hands kept her warm on the inside. It was as if she didn't feel empty anymore like she usually felt.

Sasuke's face scrunched up hearing what Tera said.

"Your apartment will take me months to pay. The rent is worth more than what I have earned my whole life Tera." He exaggerated which made Tera shrug with the smirk still adorning her face.

"Then you better win Mr. Arrogant."

Sasuke clicked his tongue in annoyance, but smirked when Tera stood telling him that she was ready.

He was at an advantage since Tera wouldn't use her flames on him even though she can now control them.

"Oh I will."

~

When the fight ended, the winner was obvious.

Sasuke didn't take to account the various other jutsu that Tera learned over the years to avoid using her signature jutsu.

Tera was right, he was far too confident that he set aside many important things.

"You'll need the money by next week. That's when I have to pay the lady, and also, please don't pay it late. She's a very moody granny when someone doesn't pay on time." Tera informed him as she stood above him.

He was trying to catch his breath from dodging all of her attacks. He barely had an opening, but when he did, Tera always countered it. It's like she can see his every move.

"H-how did you do that?" He questioned as he stood up so now the one that had to look up was Tera.

Tera shrugged.

"Experience. I've had more experience, and know my strengths and weaknesses very well." She answered him as she looked at the horizon.

Instead of looking at the horizon with her, he looked at her. She was the most beautiful thing his eyes had ever seen. She's all he wants to see. Her smile which makes him feel all kinds of things is what he now lives for.

"I know my strengths and weaknesses very well." He said in almost a whisper earning Tera's attention.

Her eyes sparkled because of the light of the the sun and it fascinated Sasuke even more. She was happy and he could see it just by looking at her eyes. He was convincing her that he could indeed make her happy.

"Then what are they?" She asked with an amused smile.

"It's only one." He said as he neared her and held both her hands in his.

Tera became nervous, but sighed at him with a smile still on her face.

"Then what is this one thing?" She questioned really wanting to know the answer.

She didn't want to know his weaknesses to one day use it against him to erase his memory of her, she wanted to know because she wanted to know more about him.

She was making an effort to make this relationship work. For that she needed to get to know Sasuke more. She already likes him, and the only thing left is to get to know him more. To trust him.

"Both my strength and weakness is you, Amaterasu Uchiha. Everything I have ever wanted and needed I got because of you. I have my family and clan back, and most importantly, I have a purpose in life. That purpose is you, Tera. I will do everything to keep you smiling this genuine smile of yours. If leaving the village is what it takes then so be it. I can always visit, and I'll also have you. I have so much to thank you for Tera. Thank you. Thank you for not only giving me a chance, but also for loving me. Even if you deny it, I know you do. Love is what was missing in my life, and you showed me how complicated, but also amazing it could be. Forgetting you will be impossible, even with that justu of yours. Reason being simple, ones first love is never forgotten, and you Tera are my first."

Authors Note:

Two updates! Yay! I hope you enjoyed it!