Chapter 23

Sasuke's POV

The talk I had with Tera a couple days ago really had me thinking.

The way she spoke about what it's like having a sibling is like in this era.

It can't be Himeko she spoke about, because the two seem to know and understand that the two of them are different and capable of different things as well, so, who could she be talking about?

I sat down on the bench in the park as I continued to try to figure out everything. From what I should do with Itachi, to the reason behind Tera's change.

As I thought about everything my eyes trailed to the children playing in the park.

They all looked so happy and carefree. I wish I could have had a childhood like that... No one to be compared to, and no one to impress.

Also no training or competitions over who's stronger than the other.

Feeling something hit my leg I looked down to find a red ball. I picked it up and searched for who it might belong to. It didn't take long as I saw Ayami running towards me with that bright smile of hers.

Third POV

"Do you want to play with daddy and I uncle Sasuke?" Sasuke tensed hearing the happiness in the girls voice as she pointed to her father who was smiling at her.

Itachi liked that Ayami doesn't see Sasuke as a stranger even though he's rarely with her. He has a feeling that when he's no longer here, that Sasuke will take his place as a father figure to Ayami. The thought made him happy.

"Please~" she pleaded with a small pout in the end.

Sasuke stood up and nodded at the little girl.

"Just for a while." He said and the little girl cheered.

It didn't take long for Sasuke to reach Itachi, who was laying under a tree.

Ayami signaled for Sasuke to get on her level so she could whisper something to him, which he did.

"Daddy's a little sick, and mommy says we shouldn't let him run that much." Sasuke bit the inside of his cheek.

It's no surprise that Ayami doesn't know her father's dying, but hearing the small girl he now knows how much she cares for him.

Sasuke stood up and ruffled the girls hair.

"Got it." He told her.

Itachi stood up once he thought he had enough strength to keep playing.

"Ayami, what have I told you about forcing others to play with you?" Itachi lightly scolded knowing that Sasuke didn't want to be even a mile away from him.

Ayami pouted.

"But I really wanted Uncle Sasuke to play..." She said as she played with her fingers.

"She's not forcing me to do anything. I chose to say yes, because I want to." Sasuke defended Ayami.

Itachi saw this and it only made him happier.

Ayami grinned and nodded as she hugged Sasuke's leg.

"Alright, I'm sorry for my mistake Ayami." He apologized and Ayami ran to hug him.

Itachi crouched down and hugged his daughter.

When he was about to thank Sasuke for agreeing he was interrupted by his sudden coughing.

Letting go of Ayami he turned around.

"Daddy?" Ayami asked getting concerned. "Daddy what's wrong?"