Chapter 26

Third POV

Today the surgery will be done, and Sasuke hasn't changed his mind about going out though with it either.

Even though he hasn't showed signs of changing his mind, Tera still stayed in the hospital just to make sure.

It irked Sasuke that Tera had so much distrust in him, but then again he couldn't blame her. He distrusted of her first and made the impression he did, so the only person he can really blame is himself.

"Everything will go perfectly fine, ok Tera." Itachi reassured her.

Tera wasn't sure if this would be the last time she gets to see the people she loves, and what saddens her the most is that none of them know about the decisions she had already made. Decisions that will lead her to her death if she does a wrong move.

Tera nodded and started leaning in to kiss Itachi's forehead. Something he used to do to her when she was younger.

While his kisses on the forehead meant 'goodnight'... hers meant 'goodbye'.

He won't be able to see again in a week or so just like Shisui with his left eye. A week was more than enough for Tera to prepare everything and leave.

Itachi's eyebrows furrowed.

"Is everything ok Tera?" He questioned her.

Tera stood up straight and looked at Itachi.

"Thing's will be different when you wake up. You'll be healthier and one way or another you're relationship with Sasuke will improve, but promise me that you'll make the effort of telling him everything he needs to know. Please." She pleaded which was very strange.

Not being able to say no Itachi agreed.

"Are you positive you're alright?" He asked again seeing something strange in her eyes.

Instead of having emotionless eyes, this time you could see the sadness in them.

The door soon opened, saving Tera from lying to Itachi.

"The operation will start in a couple more minutes Lady Amaterasu, so we must bring Sasuke in." Said a nurse and behind them laid Sasuke on a stretcher.

Tera nodded.

"Bring him in." She said and the nurses did as told.

Soon the nurses left after respectively bowing to Tera.

There was only a curtain separating the two brothers something that the two agreed to so Sasuke would feel much more comfortable.

Tera walked to Sasuke's side of the room after saying bye to Itachi.

Sasuke looked away from the ceiling and to Tera who made her way to the left side of his bed.

"What is it?" He asked softly.

Tera looked into his eyes.

It was hard for her to muster these words, but she knew they were necessary and something she should say.

When she first thought about uttering these words she never thought that it would be this hard...

"... T-thank you." She stuttered surprising Sasuke.

She even had a small blush on her cheeks as she avoided his gaze.

Sasuke felt his heart quicken. Seeing Tera blush even if it was barely noticeable completed that thing he's been searching for. Seeing Tera express some sort of positive emotion was what he needed so badly.