Chapter 17

Sasuke's POV

I would have expected anything else, but not this.

Itachi having a wife was by itself surprising let alone a kid.

He's the last person on earth that I would have thought would fall in love.

I've met his wife and she's the exact opposite of Tera.

Tera isn't as talkative nor as nice as she is. She also isn't afraid to show how much she cares and loves Itachi.

I honestly would have rather eat my breakfast alone in that empty room, but for some reason I felt warm inside seeing Itachi with his family.

Even though the room was lively I didn't participate in the conversations they had. It was only when I was asked a question when I spoke, but my responses weren't that long either. I tried keeping them small.

"Sasuke may I speak with you outside?" I finished the last bit of food that I had on my plate and followed Tera outside.

Everyone that we past by greeted her with smiles and bows, surprisingly she returned those bows and smiles...

The smiles that I know are not done from the heart.

We finally reached outside to the garden and she turned around to face me.

"When are you leaving?" She asked making my eyes narrow at her.

Does she seriously think I'd leave anytime soon? She really is out of her mind if she did.

"I'm not leaving." I cleared it to her surprising myself.

I never thought about staying here. I was barely here for a whole day and I'm already saying that I'm going to stay...

She crossed her hands at my response.

"You don't get to decide whether you stay or not. I decide for you."

I smirked.

"What if I say I don't care about your decision and that I'm staying anyways?"

She walked towards me in a menacing way.

"If it wasn't for Itachi I would have left you in that forest, alright? So now that you're perfectly fine then you can now leave." She said poking me with her finger.

"I said no. I'm an Uchiha as well." That's when she released a bitter laugh creating distance between us.

"Our number one rule here is that we don't kill our own-"

"I never killed an Uchiha!" I yelled at her hating the fact that she thinks Itachi is an angel while I who only killed a criminal, Orochimaru, while Itachi killed innocent people in that organization. "Itachi may not have killed my clan, but he's still killed many innocent people in that damn organization."

The conversation didn't end there like I expected it to.

"Itachi left that organization when my sister told him that she was pregnant. Haven't you ever asked yourself why it was harder to search for the Akatsuki?" I stayed silent for her response. "Itachi left the organization knowing that they will be after him. He wasn't in the village, with his wife, with his daughter, all because he wanted to protect them. It wasn't until that day that you and your team members saw me in that restaurant that I was able to contact him..."

"What did you do when you found him?" I asked remembering that she sat still the whole time we were in that restaurant.

She bit her bottom lip and looked away.