PROLOGUE

BEWARE: this is my first werewolf story. If you are a serious hard-core werewolf fanatic then you have been warned ;)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

~PROLOGUE~

The couple was standing in front of an old building with a baby in their arms. "Are you sure this is the right thing to do, my love?" the woman asked her mate. Her features seemed to droop, making her look a lot older than she actually was. He responded angrily, "Of course! There is absolutely nothing we can do. I told you I wanted a son. A strong independent man, but you just had to have a girl. Didn't you?" The woman gasped. "How is this my fault? You are just as responsible for having this girl as I am! We wanted a child and we were blessed to have one. The fact that my precious baby is a girl shouldn't be a problem!" The man let go of the baby to run his hand through his hair. As he did, the baby girl started to squirm and cry. "Now is the time, my dear. Let her go," he commanded. The woman started crying. "Okay, my love." She hugged her child one last time before placing her on the front steps of the building.

"I love you. And please, my child, grow up to be a amazing woman. Your father and I are always going to love you don't forget that. This is good-bye for now, but maybe when this whole war is over we can come back for you and we will spend our lives together." She wiped the tears from her baby and herself. And even though her voice was quivering, she sang to her baby. "Hush-a-bye don't you cry, Go to sleep-y, little baby. When you wake you shall have all the pretty little horses. Blacks and bays, dapple grays, Coach and six white horses. Hush-a-bye don't you cry, Go to sleep-y, little baby." The baby's eyes started drooping and soon she was asleep. Both the father and the mother bent down to kiss the baby. As they walked away, the mother fainted from the heart ache. The man carried the rest of the way back.

When the baby awoke later she started crying form the absence of people, her parents. The door to the building opened revealing a plump old lady. "Oh, my!" she exclaimed. "What is it, Cheri?" someone called from inside. "We have another baby, Juliet," she responded. The plump lady, Cheri, picked up the baby and cradled her in her arms. "What an adorable baby!" The baby continued to cry. "No. Don't cry, young one. You're safe," she cooed. Juliet came outside. She was a thin, middle aged woman. "There's a note tied around her necklace," she observed. She opened it and read: "I don't have a name, but I was born on August 18 at 5:15 a.m. I weighed seven pounds and nine ounces. Please take care of me."