Chapter 41

//Katniss's POV//
"Well yeah of course" I say, and begin drying off the dog.
-a couple months later,Christmas time-
The town had went from ashes to almost looking like the capitol, except with the district 12 feel.
Rusty.
Dusty.
And musty.
The snow lays across all of twelve, Jasper our dog has grown to be almost the size of me.
"Katniss come here" Peeta says sitting my The Christmas tree.
"Yeah Katniss come on over" Effie says then ends with a laugh.
I walk from the kitchen out to the living room Jasper following me not far behind. His nails click on the hard wood tiles till we reach the carpet and everything goes silent.
"What"? I smile then sit next to Peeta.
Jasper lays down and rests his head on my criss-crossed legs.
"Here open this" Haymitch says handing me a long wide box.
"I thought we aren't opening presents till tomorrow" I say receiving the box.
"Well just open it" Peeta smiles.
"Okay" I say.
I open the box inside waits a old long bow.
My jaw drops. It was my fathers, he made it to.
"How did you find it"?! I say.
"We might have went back to your old house" Effie smiles.
"It's beautiful thank you guys"!
————————————————————————
•Christmas Morning•
"Merry Christmas"!! I say a give Peeta a big kiss on the lips. His eyes sleepily open, and he smiles. I straddle his stomach, "come on I think Haymitch and Effie are here already" I say.
"Okay, okay" He says and kisses my hand.
Peeta and I both get dressed, then head down stairs.
"Surprise" A group of people call as we walk down the stairs.
Annie,Johanna,Finnick,Haymitch,Effie,Baby Finn,and my Mother wait down stairs.
"Oh my god"! I say, we both run down and greet them, I hug my mom as Peeta crowds Haymitch and Finnick in a hushed tone.
I walk over and start playing with Baby Finn as Peeta goes over to see my mother. She smiles at him then covers her mouth, biding her head yes.
We all sit around the Christmas tree opening gifts and drinking hot chocolate. One small wooden  box was left under the Christmas tree.
"Oh Katniss this is for you" Peeta says says standing up and picking up the box, I stay seated figuring he would seat back down. But he doesn't. He leans on one knee.
"K-Katniss"....He starts. My face lights up and a smile appears on my face. Tears cloud my eyes.

"Will you marry me"?