Chapter 16

//Katniss's pov//

I storm off leaving him behind me. I rush down the halls not knowing where to go.

Why would I?
I'm so stupid!
Now I've put myself in more danger, and this baby.

I roam the halls crying passing everyone who greets me and asks what's wrong, except Finnick.

"Katniss? What's wrong?" He asks stopping, he looks a little bit better considering that Annie is back. Knowing him being separated from her killed him inside and out.

"I'm pregnant." I choke out.
"That's great!" He smiles embracing me.

I embrace him back, still crying. "It's not! I don't want to be!" I say.

"Oh Katniss I'm sorry."

"There's nothing you or I can do."

"Who's the father?"

"Peeta. And I'm so mad at him for it."

"I didn't think he was that kind of guy. But Katniss any child would be happy to have you and Peeta as parents. And if you had sex you must have done it for a reason. You love him."
I do.

"Yeah."

"So go talk to him. When you are ready though."

"Yeah." I say wiping my tears.

" I won't tell, but good luck."

"Thank you."

He smiles and we walk out separate ways. I still roam the halls figuring what I am going to say, and when.

(Later that night)

I walk to my apartment I share with Peeta. Scared to what he will say. I open the door and find him sitting on the bed with his eyes bright red.

"Peeta." I begin and sit next to him.
"Katniss I'm sorry, maybe you should just get a abortion, and I don't blame you if you don't want to be with me anymore." He speaks up.

"No I want the baby."