Chapter 35

//Peetas pov//
Katniss lays in my hold, as we fly over ashes.
She looks up at me, her grey eyes tired and hurt.
I look back down at her, then lovingly kiss her. She kisses back, then let's go as the pilot announces "we are here".
The plan lands right in front of the victors village.
Katniss and I walk outside holding out bags, watching the hovercraft leave before turning around to see miles of rubble.
This is home.
We stare as far as the eye can see, noticing most of the woods were left, along with some of the town houses. Half of the victors village stands, covered genteelly in a grey dust.
As I stare off into the landscape Katniss unexpectedly wraps her arms around my torso, closing her head in my chest. I hug her back playing with the end of her braid, she soon lets go with barely any tears in her eyes.
"Let's go home" I tell her.
She grabs my hand leading me to her house. I open the heavy oak door for her, a Carmel cat greets us with a loud yawn.
Katniss bursts out in tears collapsing on the ground, wheezing to the cat as she holds him crying into his fur.
"She's not coming back" She says to the cat, I lower down to her holding her slightly and rocking her back and forth, as she now silently cries. She keeps the cat in her arms, seeing Katniss like this clenches my heart making my stomach feel as if I got stabbed repeatedly.
The cat licks her cheek, cleaning off her salty tears.

"Buttercup" She laughs smiling down at him, then caressing his soft coat.
I smile down at the both of them, then curl my fingers towards Buttercup offering my peace.
He begins to lick me too, I rub the top of his head, he purrs closing his eyes as a knock arrives at the door.

< Please don't forget to hit the star! Hope you enjoy!
-Bella and Callie>