Chapter 1

//Katniss's pov//
I rush down the silver halls seeing the familiar faces of Finnick Odair, Annie Cresta, and Johanna Mason.
"Where is he?!" I ask Gale.

"In there." he says pointing to a steal door with a bit of glass revealing him inside.

"Thank you," I say an give Gale a friendly hug, he pulls back with a depressed smile, I ignore his expression and rush into Peetas hospital room.

I see him sitting on the bed in Capitol hospital clothes, all bruised, cut, and burnt. His body once pure now shattered into a million pieces.

"Peeta?" I speak up peering from around him. His face worse then his neck and arms, bruises around his temples, with scabs of dried blood on his forehead. He wears the face he wore in the car to the train at our first reaping, except with more tears and sadness in his blue cloudy eyes.
"Katniss," He says and smiles a bit, still trying to wrap his mind around things. My eyes explode with water and I begin to sob as I embrace Peeta.

"It's okay Katniss I'm okay now." he says squeezing me in a choked up voice.

"I'm so happy you are here. I missed you so much." I tell him hiding my face in his neck as I shake of fear knowing this could all just be a dream.

It takes a while for Peeta and I to both let go of each other, but we pull the both of us closer for a kiss. Almost like the one on the beach shore of the Quarter Quell, but with the exception of both of our lips covered in salty tears.

I pull away and genteelly place my head on his chest.
"You stayed with me." I say.
"Yeah...Always," He answers and touches the bottom of one of my strands of hair. I sit in between his legs and wrap my arms around him, and he returns the embrace as well as the tears till the doctors come in.

"Mr and Mrs Mellark, your new room is ready." A nurse says smiling.

I get up and barely hold it in as Peeta struggles every foot step down the hall, and into our new room.
"Katniss you're items and clothes have been moved here, and so has yours Peeta."

She says and shuts the door giving us privacy.
Two beds slightly bigger than the ones I shared with Prim and my Mother sit at the end of the room both against the cream walls. They were just barely separated by a night stand, that showed a picture of my father, and Peetas family. He walks over and picks it up, staring at it in disbelief.

"They are gone aren't they?" He asks looking over at me, as I still remain by the door.
"I'm so sorry Peeta," I walk over and sit on the bed that he waits staring at the family photo of him, his father, mother, and brothers. Who resemble him very well. I wrap my inside arm around his, letting my fingers find their way in his hand, that were still soft from the days of making bread at the bakery.
I rest my head on his shoulder seeing one of Peeta's tears drop into the family photo.
"Delly is here" I say breaking the science.
He sets down the picture and picks up the pearl, he gave me.

"You still have this." He says pretending if I didn't say anything about his life long best friend, who survived the fire bomb that destroyed 12 and wants to see him.

"Yeah, it was the only piece of you I had left." I tell him nearly getting choked up again on the thought of losing him.
He squeezes my hand, and rests his dirty blonde head on mine.

"We will get through this," he says, hus voice breaks a little "I promise we will."