Chapter 30

//Peetas pov//

My heart drops to my stomach as she walks out the door.

She could leave with him and never come back...

"Peeta come on get something to eat" Cressida says waking me out of my day dream.

I nod following her to a storage container full of food. I pull out a cup of grains, and pour hot water into it, resulting in oatmeal.
"You okay Peeta"? Finnick asks sitting next to me again.
"Yeah I'm okay, just worried" I say staring down at the oats.
"She will be okay. She always is? Isn't she?..."
"Yeah but what if she never comes back. And stays with Gale"
"She won't."
"Anything can happen Finnick"
"That's true but Katniss wouldn't do that to you, she loves you"
My response is silence, which annoys Finnick causing him to go and talk to another squad member as we wait for a plane back to 13.
"Okay they are here" Cressida says packing up our things.
We all grab bags and hike up the stairs saying thank you to Tigris, and walking out of the Capitol streets one last time.
The hovercraft takes us up into the air, we can see the Capitol filled with children and families. Huge jets swarm over the Capitol as we hover over a building. The planes drop tiny containers most likely holding medicine or something.
THUMP
THUMP
THUMP
The capitols courtyard engulfs into flames, sending screams and cries from the crowd.

Katniss.