Chapter 33

//Katniss's pov//
I stare over at my mother, who looks even more depressed then when my father had died.
She looks frail, almost porcelain like with her sickening skin tone.
Our eyes lock, and we don't break our tender stare.
"I'm going to pack up our things I'll be right back" Peeta says to me, I don't even bother looking at him, but my mother does as they kindly smile to each other.
She looks back at me, then sighs, sitting on the edge of my bed as Plutarch leaves the room.
"Katniss I... I don't even really know what to say... But I'm sorry" She speaks looking down at her hands then up at me.
What? Why now?
"Mom-"
"No Katniss. It's my fault, you practically raised Prim, and I shut you both out. I'm sorry for that. And I'm sorry for all the times that you went hungry, or had to sacrifice yourself for Prim, I could have gave you two so much better" She tells me, a single tear drops down her cheek, as her grey eyes sparkle again.
I slide my hand over to her's, genteelly placing my hand onto her fingers.
//Peetas pov//
I peer around the corner of the grey halls just about to our apartment when I hear Finnick's voice, along with Johannas.
"I wish you could stay... I'll miss you" Johanna says, I stand hesitantly peeking around the corner of Sheetrock  seeing Johanna place her hand on his chest.
"I'll miss you too" Finnick says softly.
He pulls Johanna's chin to his lips, giving her a thick loving kiss.
"Just promise me one thing" She begins. Her voice smooth and gentle.
That's a first.
"We will end up with each other someday...." She trails off.
"I promise" Finnick says looking down at her. Johanna wraps her arms around Finnick, hiding her head in his chest.
//Katniss's pov//
"It's okay mom" is all I can say, what else can I?
"I forgive you" I finish.
"Thank you" She smiles rubbing my hand.
I smile back at her, which I can't say I've done in a while.
"Get some rest, you'll be flying home soon" She says, smirking, she gets up leaving the room and closing my door.
She said it.
She's sorry...
And I am too.
//Peeta's pov//
Finnick pulls his arms around Johanna, squeezing her tightly. They hold each other for a second, before they break each other apart.
"I'll see you soon....okay?" Finnick says, looking down at their linked hands.
She kindly smiles a tiny smile, and Johanna walks to her room.
I hide behind the corner holding two duffle bags of our things, as I approach Finnick his face his still cut up pretty well.
"How can you do that to Annie" I say sternly walking towards him.
"Katniss did that to you" He says angrily.
She did.
"You know better Finnick" I say walking more close to him.
He remains silent.
"You have to understand, Annie loves you a lot Finnick"-
"I know"! Finnick almost breaks into tears, I hug him, knowing that's what everyone needs.
"I didn't save you for nothing. And you didn't save me for nothing either right? So just make the right choice okay?" I say pulling away from him.
"Yeah" He smiles.
"Thanks".

{ don't forget to hit the star!
Xx Bella and Callie}