Chapter 5

//Katniss's pov//
I wait about 5 minutes then open my eyes to find Peeta rubbing my hand.
"Hey," I say wrapping my hand around his.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks smiling.

"Yeah, thank you." I say touching my side which is wrapped up by many layers of bandages.

"I'd do anything for you Katniss, you know that right?" He asks me depression filling his face.

"Of course I do, and id do the same for you." I say and sit up, wincing.

"Katniss you need to lay down," he says calmly.

"Yeah with you, in our apartment." I smile.

"Okay I'll ask if you can go back" Peeta says and kisses my cheek.
She will pick you she always does.
I do don't I? But that's okay, because I love Peeta, Gale just needs to accept that.

"Yeah we can go," Peeta says interrupting my thoughts.
"Okay," I say still thinking about what Gale said.
He helps me up which doesn't hurt as bad as I expected.

We walk down the halls and back into our room, he helps me take off my work pants and boots and into a grey sweatsuit. I curl up in Peeta's arms laying in the sheets that we slept in last night.

"Who shot me?" I ask him.
He doesn't answer for a second, but when he does I can't help but react.

"Gale," he says, his voice barely audiable.

"He-?"

"Yeah,"

I freeze and stare at Peeta's chest that my head rests on.
"He said, I always pick you." I say placing my arm over his chest.

"Yeah... He, uh, he did," Peeta says.

"You heard that"? He asks.

"Yeah."
"I'm sorry you had to hear us."

"It's better that I did."

"Why?"

"Because your really good at hiding things, and I don't want there to be anything between us."

"I should have told you, I'm sorry,"

"It's alright, just next time tell me." I lean up and kiss him missing the taste of his soft plump lips. Feeling as if I need to pull myself back, But I don't I let my body take ahold of me.