Chapter 31

//Peetas pov//
She could be dead and I'm stuck in this stupid plane!
"KATNISS"! I scream looking out the small window banging on its hard glass. I her the faint screams of the people near the flames.
What if she is dead?
//Katniss's pov//
I can see nothing but darkness as heat over fills my body.
Fire and Darkness.
Fire and Darkness...
//Peetas pov//
"Peeta she is gonna be okay" Cressida says with worry some in her voice.
"She could be dead! Stop the plane! Stop the plane!" I yell.
"Peeta there is someone going back for them!" Cressida yells to me.
"Who?! Let me off the plane now!" I order standing up and taking one of the guns and strapping it to my back.
"NOW" I yell facing the pilot.
He sends the plane down landing on the roof of Tigris's store.
I force open the hatch and without looking back I run through her building and out the door, rushing to the city circle.
I run over to where the flames over flow the gates, and peacekeepers and people lay on the ground.
A woman lays on the ground in a turquoise cloak unconscious.
Katniss.
I kneel down to her stripping off her jacket and putting it on, strapping my gun to my side and scooping Katniss up with my other hand. Katniss remains curled up in my hold, hanging partially over my shoulder hidden in the jacket as we walk past many injured crying people.
Where do we go?
I hold Katniss as we leave the city circle and enter a area where no people are found.
I sling the gun back over my shoulder, holding Katniss with two arms now.
"Stay with me Katniss please" I whisper to her, even though I could speak as loud as I want. No one is here.
No one.
I look on Tigris's building seeing the hovercraft is still there.
After about 20 minutes hiking through the Capitol out skirts and Tigris's lot, we enter the hovercraft.
I plop the gun on the ground, and sit on the bench still holding Katniss, cradling her as she remains warm with a few burns and blood on the back of her head. I take off the cloak and wrap it around her as if she was a new born baby. Checking her pulse every so often.

"Is she alive" Finnick asks peering over to me.

I don't even let myself think before I bark out a answer.
"Yes"
I stare down at her, her eye lids shut letting her puffy eyelashes breathe.
Her face red, flushed with very little burns.
Please wake up Katniss please.
She lays in my arms in the same position still very warm, but unconscious.
We land in 13, I carry Katniss into the hospital calling out for a nurse.
One finally rushes over helping me place Katniss on a hospital bed.
She remains still as we both rush her to a hospital room.
"Once she wake up she will be alright and you can leave. She just has to take it easy" The nurse begins before heading out.
I hold Katniss's hand and kiss it lightly, please Katniss please wake up.
"Peeta"? A frail voice behind me says.
I turn to see Miss.Everdeen.
"Katniss?... Is she okay"? She asks.
Her eyes are blood shot red, meaning as has been crying for hours. She looks sick, like how she must have been as Katniss described after her father died.
"She will be. Where is Prim?" I ask knowing how close Prim and Katniss are.

Miss Everdeen looks down at her pale hands.

"She's-she's.......dead."