Chapter 28

//Peetas pov//
She pulls me to her face, kissing me roughly.
She helps me up and Cressida leads us to a shop.
"Tigris it's me." She says as a tiger like woman opens the  door.
"We're with Plutarches underground" Cressida explains as Tigris looks us up and down.
She waves us in letting the whole squad practically collapse as she opens a small wooden trap door.
"Here Finnick" I say helping him down the stairs, which is a struggle for me too.
"T-thanks" He says as his a smear of blood splotches his cheek.
We both sit on a supply container catching our breath.
"That should help" Finnick says taking a small gun of mine, and sticking it in the whole of my wooden leg. It feels almost brand new, and in case of emergency I can use the gun.
"Thank you" I say, as Katniss comes over cleaning finnick's face.
She wipes him down as she cleans his cuts on his arms and legs, which takes a while considering that he has cuts all over him.
"You're leg okay"? She asks me as she finishes.
"Yeah" I answer.
The rest of the group is spread all over the basement eating apples and other snacks that we packed before hand.
My mind flashes back and forth from the kiss and to reality.
She proclaimed her love to me in front of everyone...
"Peeta get some rest" Katniss begins as almost all of the crew is asleep.
"No I'm fine. Go to sleep, Gale and I will keep watch" I tell her.
"Okay" She smiles then lays in a sleeping bag a few feet away from me.
Gale soon walks over and sits next to me.
"I might as well give up" He sighs.
"On what?.." I ask confused as he stares at his hands.
"We both know what happens once we win this war" Gale says.
I breathe, signaling him to continue.
"You both go home, she forgets about me and you two live happily ever after, no matter what she will always go to you... You know it's true"
I stare at my hands not knowing what to say.
"She might change her mind" I tell him, as if she already choose me. But she hasn't. She has always gone back and forth. And is only loving me now because she feels bad, and because I was gone.
She needs to prove that she loves me.
Like I did for her...
"Maybe" Gale says awaking me from my thoughts. "You really do love her Peeta don't you? It's not a act for you? It never was?..was it" Gale asks.
"Yeah" Is all I can say.
//Katniss's pov//
I keep still pretending I am sleeping, keeping my breathing quiet.
I should have realized my feelings before...
He has always loved me.
But he knows I love him now.
Right?