Chapter 39

//Katniss's pov//
The foot truck carries in bag after bag of food just for our house. Soon they go to Haymitch and Effie's. Peeta's eyes grow huge as he peers through each bag.
Soon some men build up a small shed in the middle of the victors village using old lumber from around twelve to store fire wood.
Peeta and I walk outside, the workers continue working with a smile  on their faces as we shimmy through. A little boy with a tool belt runs through holding a toad, which soon pee's on his hands. He runs over to his father as he holds the creature up like a prize.
I smirk.
"Henry"! The father says in a annoying voice, he hands him a canteen and a rag.
"Wash your hands. Then get back over here" He sighs and looks over at me.
"What a cute little boy" I say smiling down at Henry.
"Thank you Mrs.Everdeen" The father says, I smile down at his son. They both have matching charcoal hair and aloe green eyes.

Peeta and I continue through as we walk through the town, workers surround us, there are probably as many workers as there was people in twelve before the war.
"The bakery"! Peeta says.
He jogs over to it as he see's it in ashes, the workers back away as they were about to start picking up the rubble.
I walk over and kneel next to Peeta. His jaw drops as he runs his fingers through the blocks of cement, wood, clay, and chicken wire.
"Peeta it will be okay" I say putting my hand on his that holds the rubble.
"I promise you it will be. Everything will be"
(Idk what happened to the font😂 and I have a concussion so sorry if the chapter as any errors)
"Yeah" Peeta says.
I let go of him and start to walk over to the end of where the bakery stood.
//Peetas POV//
I stare around at the rubble of my family and their lives work, I fish my hands through the materials till I see a glimmer of something.
My mother's diamond ring.