Chapter Seven - Go Fish

Sighs. I feel terrible for being away for so long, please bare with me.

New Chapter..yaaayy. It sucks I knonw but filer I guess.

Vote, Comm, Enjoy :D

===============================

I sat on the bed, contemplating my next move; I had to think hard to make sure I chose right. “Do you have any…” I trailed on “Threes?”

“go fish” Taylor said and I pouted as I reached for another card. It had been two days since the kitchen incident and I haven’t had any chance at all at escaping, taylor had been with me the whole time. And I was ashamed to say, I was starting to warm up to him. I shouldn’t, I knew that. I still planned on running away to the cave as soon as I could to meet Brett, But I just haven’t had the chance. I had spent these past two days in my room, only seeing Taylor and no one else. I was still too scared. It was his idea to teach me a card game, we had tried some but I didn’t like them. The only one I liked was Go Fish

“Do you have any kings?” he asked and I reluctantly gave him my two kings. He grinned at me and he looked so cute that I couldn’t help but softly smile myself, which only made him grin even more.

“well isn’t that beautiful” he said, his cards laying discarded beside him. “You’ve only gave me that smile a handful of times, but I swear it gets more beautiful everytime.”

“Thank you” I said in my quiet voice, thankful when he seemed to hear me.

“So” he cleared his throat nervously “I…uum...have something to ask you” he ran a hand through his hair, and my fingers twitched, itching to do the same. It confused me why I felt the need to touch him. But so far I had resisted these urges successfully.

“Celena” his voice snapped me out of the daze I was in. “Tell me about…the hunters.The one who took you, you need to tell me about them."

I immediately stiffened, sliding further back on the bed and shaking my head frantically. I knew sooner or later the interrogation would start. Would they hurt me like the hunters did? Would they use drugs or knives and sharp objects? I preferred the knives anyday to the familiar burning pain that spreads through my body like an inferno. At least with knives the pain would be centered in the places I was cut.

My panic increased when a hand touched my arm. I immediately flinched , tears streaming down my cheeks. “Please, no” I whimpered, memories flashing in my mind.

“Celena, calm down. Please I won’t hurt you” Taylor’s voice sounded frantic. I looked up through my haze of tears to see him looking pained, his hands in fists, and his knuckles white. “I’m sorry; you don’t have to tell me anything”

His expression is what calmed me down. It made me want to take away the pain on his face. My breathing evened out, I wiped the tears running down my cheeks, looking at him hesitantly. “I-I’m sorry” I said miserably, feeling like an idiot for freaking out.

“Don’t apologize, honey. It’s not your fault” he said, his hand reached out to touch me but then he drew it back, a look of longing on his face. He turned and sat himself on the edge of the bed, a hand running through his hair. A sign of nervousness I had come to know “I’m sorry for asking, I just…wanted to know what they did to you. I can’t bear to think—“ he exhaled roughly “forget it”

I stared at him quietly for a moment, hating his slumped shoulders.  The urge to comfort him grew and I found myself crawling towards him on the bed. I stopped for a moment, knowing I might get hurt for doing this but nervously doing so anyway. I crawled into his lap and hugged him. He stiffened for a moment and I closed my eyes waiting for pain. But I felt nothing but his hands wrapping around me, and his face burying in my hair as he took a deep breath. It was strange how safe I felt with his arms around me. I knew better than that. I knew not to trust anyone except Brett and Dan, I knew trusting lead to hurt. So why the hell did I trust him?

“Thank you” he exhaled against my hair, his arms squeezing me tighter. I heard a chuckle before he whispered huskily “I’m afraid if I let you go, I might not get this chance again.” I could barely register his words. Despite the panic and fear that were bubbling up inside me at the contact, there was still the feeling of safeness and warmth that I had never felt with a stranger before.

Suddenly the door flew open, making me flinch and huddle closer to Taylor who growled angrily and lifted his head to see who was at the door.

“Taylor” one of the twins said “We caught a hunter on our territory”