Chapter One - A Sister

Okay here is a chapter that might be boring but it is necessary. Its of how Celena met Brett and Dan and to get a view on how she was raised with the hunters. It's in the third person point of view because I would've had to swtich P.O.Vs a lot. But don't worry the other chaps will be in first person P.O.V. like all my other stories in the 'Mate or Not' series.

Anyway no song for this chapter since...I couldn't find one :P

Pic is of Dan ferry who is played by Ben Aflick. Here's a pic of what I imagine him to look like.

Vote, Comm, Enjoy :D

==============================

Dan Ferry walked along the hallway, looking at the cells filled with sick, dead, or dying wolves. The hunters have been trying to gain as much wolves to experiment on as they could. But nothing seemed to work. A year ago, Dan was one of the men kidnapping and killing wolves; he was raised that way. He was raised believing wolves were evil creatures that killed humans. If only he had known how wrong he was.

He was twenty-three when he finished the hunter training his parents had put him through, and joined the hunters and at twenty nine, he had met the one wolf that changed his life.

Her name was Rachel and she was beautiful, her eyes were warm and sparkling with laughter. She was kind, smart, witty, and perfect, she was a werewolf. He was flabbergasted; he had heard of mates and knew she was a werewolf and it disgusted him that one of those creatures could be his mate. But something didn't seem right.

He spent days following her, trying to spy on her pack as well but mostly just out of curiosity of the girl who apparently, according to wolves, was his soulmate. And what he saw shocked him.

They were normal, they weren't monsters or savages. They were just like humans but with enhanced abilities. They went to school with humans, had human friends and were normal families. They were nothing like what he had been taught. So he decided, he'd get to know his mate.

he didn't tell anyone because he wasn't sure what to think about how they were taught things that are total opposites of what wolves really were like.

On the other hand, his mate was thrilled when she saw him again, the first time he had seen her he took off running before she could even ask his name. So he got to know her, told her he used to be a hunter and all of the wrong things they had told him about wolves. She didn't mind, she told him she didn't care what he was, he was her mate and hunters were wrong. Werewolves weren't barbarians.

They fell in love and he adored her so much but then one day, while he was at their secret hide out, waiting for her to come, The hunters had attacked.

Apparently they had planned on attacking that pack for a while now. By the time he reached the pack house he had found most of the pack dead or kidnapped and after he searched the whole place for any sign of his mate. He found her lying in a pool of her own blood, dead.

It had destroyed him.

And now here he was, a year after her death, with the sole purpose of trying to find a way to help werewolves and end hunters.

"Uncle Dan" One of the hunters' small kids, Brett, had ran into him as soon as he arrived at the house. Brett's father was their leader and he never took care of his son. Not since his wife died. Brett was 7 years old with a heart of gold. "I have something to tell you" he whispered "But it's a secret"

"What is it, kid?" Dan asked and Brett leaned closer till he could whisper in his ear "Today I went to the basement. You know, where dad says no one is allowed to go to, even you. And I heard something"