Chapter Five - Getting better

IM BACKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry guys but I was too stressed with applying to college and waiting for the responses, I just couldn't find it in me to write. but I finally did, it's a short chapter but at least its something

Okay so the banner on the side was made by ImHere4You and its awsome. I recieved other banners that will be shown in the next chapters. I'm posting them by chronological order to be fair.

Vote,Comm, Enjoy :D

==============================

I woke up expecting to feel the rock hard ground beneath me but strangely I was comfortable. I still felt groggy and exhausted, but not cold or sore from the ground. Realizing I had been moved my eyes flew wide open and I sat up, causing a wave of dizziness to come over me.

"Wow, calm down there, sweetheart. You're still in bad shape you need to rest" A familiar voice said and I looked to see the nice guy from earlier. I cowered away from him, falling off the bed and crawled till my back hit a wall."Wow, calm down" The guy said raising his hands and stepping back a few steps thankfully.

I stared at him for a long while, just studying him while he shuffled awkwardly and then sighed "look at least go back in bed, you're sick and you need rest. I'll go downstairs to get you food" He looked at me, waiting for an answer but left when he didn't get one. I immediately tried to stand up, my feet wobbled and I almost fell but I leaned on the wall. I was exhausted, a feeling I was familiar to everytime I got injected with a new drug.

I dragged myself to the window and tried opening it but it wouldn't budge, locked. I tried moving to the door but couldn't walk, my vision going blurry. I dragged myself to the bed knowing I couldn't escape even if there was a way out. It took some time to get on the bed but when I finally did, I fell asleep.

=======================

Taylor

I walked in the room and sighed at seeing my mate asleep on the bed. I was scared she wouldn't agree to rest and stay still, but I also knew she was too weak to do anything else. I put the tray of food on a table and walked towards her. I didn't want to wake her up but Miranda said she had to eat, she was too malnourished. 

I let my eyes go over her figure and suppressed a growl; she was too thin, too weak and fragile. Whatever the hunters did to her it made her so scared and fragile that it drove me insane with the need to slaughter them all.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, wanting to calm down before I woke my mate up. I didn't need to scare her more than she already was.

Suddenly she jerked in her sleep, her arms going to her sides as she started thrashing on the bed, crying and screaming, the way she moved and thrashed you'd think she was tied to the bed. I stared in shock before I finally snapped out of it and started trying to wake her up.

She gasped and her eyes snapped open as she stopped struggling. She just stared at me while I moved away from her as to not to scare her, her eyes kept following me. Those Big brown eyes filled with pain and hesitance. It was killing me.

"I brought you some food" I offered as I grabbed the tray and held it in front of me. She eyed the food warily, as if expecting it to to jump up and kill her. "you need to eat or you won't get better."

she turned her gaze to me and stared at me silently I sighed and tried again "Sweetheart, I'm not going to hurt you. No one will I promise" I put the tray in her lap "try it, it'll make you feel better" she looked at the tray then back at me. She grabbed the spoon, dipped it in the soup and offered the spoon to me

I didn't understand at first but then it hit me that she was making sure the soup didn't have anything. I took the spoon and ate its contents. "see? Nothing but healthy soup" I gave the spoon back to her and she hesitantly dipped it in the soup again and brought it up to her lips. Her thin arms shaking with the effort making my fists clench.

She looked at me and put the spoon in her mouth, her eyes closing as she swallowed and immediately refilled the spoon and brought it to her mouth again 

"Slow down there, sweetheart. If you eat it fast it won't stay in your stomach, slowly."She didn't offer any response or sign that she heard me but she slowed down her intake.

"So" I said while she ate "My name is Taylor, you already know that" I tried to make my voice gentle as to not to scare her "I'm twenty-one and you?"

she was silent for a while before speaking in a low voice, that I wouldn't have heard if not for my sensitive hearing "eighteen"

I smiled at her "not much younger than me then" she shrugged "I brought you some clothes, they're in the bathroom with fresh towels so if you want to shower.

she looked at me in a cute confused expression but didn't say anything. It wasn't long before she put down her spoon. She tried to lift her tray but her hands shook with the effort nd she could hardly raise it. Again I found myself trying to control myself. I stood up and took the tray from her, looking down to see her bowl of soup was still nearly full. I sighed, Miranda had told me she wouldnt be able to eat much.

I tried not to smile as i was leaving as I saw her trying to discreetly see if she smelled, from the small noise she made, i suppose she didn't like what she found.  

I went down to and put the tray on the sink when Chase clapped me on the back to get my attention "how's she doing?"

"still too weak and sick but at least she's awake. Spoke a few words but that's it" I said with a sigh, I was worried about her. I couldn't imagine what the hunters had done to her, how they treated her. No wonder she was so skittish and afraid.

"I liked that plate" I heard a familiar voice from the doorway, I looked down and saw the plate that was in my hands had broken "calm down Taylor" Lux said as she walked into the kitchen, grabbed some orange juice fom the refrigerator and turned to look at me "Just focus on helping her nw, getting mad won't do you or her any good"

"news about the hunters?" I said as I washed the blood off my hands, my wounds already healing. 

"Damon and I are working on it, we'll find their hide-out soon enough. We've contacted allies in case of a war and they've agreed to help. But before we make any move we'll have to wait till your mate gets better and feels comfortable enough to give us information about the kinds of weapons they have.

I nodded and walked out of the kitchen to go check on my mate, when I reached the door I knocked and got in when I ddn't get an answer. I found my mate holding on to the wall trying to go to the bathroom. 

I immediately went to help her, but she jumped away when I touched her. "l'm just trying to help, you're still too weak to just walk on your own"

she stared at me for a long time before she nodded slowly and I led her to the bathroom. "ok so here you go, I'm going to be right outside if you need me okay?"

I turned to leave but she took my wrist in her hand making me turn back. She was looking at the ground, a blush on her cheeks "I dont know how" she murmured quietly and I frowned

"how did you shower before?" she remained silent so I chose not to make her even more uncomfortable. "hey, it's okay I'll show you"

I led her to the shower and started telling her about the cold and hot water taps, making her choose when the water wasjust right and left her in the bathroom when she told me she understood.

I sat on her listening to the sound of the shower. My head swimming with thoughts on how she was treated, making the wolf in me try to claw its way out and slay everyone who laid a hand on her, I was in complete agreement, but I knew that she came first. She would always come first