A surprising turn of events

Hey guyss

agIn sorry for the wait I'm a jerk I know i'm sorryyyyyyy

But here's the chap and I'll try to update ASAP

Vote, Comm, Enjoy :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celena

Everything was normal at first. We went back to the house just as a car stopped in the driveway. I hesitated, tugging at Brett’s sleeve as an unknown person got out of the car and reached back in it, pulling out to big bags.

“Hey, it’s okay. No one here will hurt you.” Brett said as the twins and Ren got out of the car and the twins ran towards the stranger, greeting him and helping him with his multiple bags inside. I took a deep breath and felt ashamed of being so scared.

“I’m sorry” I mumbled, pulling away from Brett “I overreacted”

“You have nothing to be sorry for” the response surprisingly came from Taylor, who had turned around in the driver’s seat to look at me.  “It’s normal to be scared”

“Exactly” Brett said as he stared at taylor with a smirk “We’ll sit here as long as you like, little lamb. Until you feel like going out”

I stared at both of them and smiled slightly, nodding my head “I’m okay now” I said as I reached for the door and got out. We walked slowly towards the house and were greeted by voices as soon as we got in. Lux was talking to the guy that just walked in with a big smile on her face as she held a little girl at her hip

“We’ll brief you after dinner, okay? For now I’ll show you to your room were you can unpack all this” she gestured at the multiple bags at their feet. “Good to have you with us, Max.”

“Good to be here” Max said as he bent down and reached for one of the bags “I haven’t seen you in a long time”

“And whose fault is that?” Taylor said from beside me, grinning as he walked close to Max who turned around at the sound and grinned back. I was finally able to get a good look at Max. He was tall, with brown hair and brown eyes, a little tan with dimples on his cheek. I hid behind Brett, staring at the stranger.

Max’s smiling face turned into a confused one and he sniffed the air, “Theres a weird scent here, familiar though” he said craning his neck and looking around before his gaze zeroed in on me, still hiding behind Brett. I held on to the back of Brett’s shirt, my hand tightening on it as Max looked at me with shock.

“it’s you” he said breathlessly, staring at me as if he had seen a ghost. Brett tensed, moving his body to fully hide me. Max’s gaze snapped to him, his eyes narrowing “A hunter” he growled at Brett, and I whimpered at ferocity of the sound “Get away from her”

“Max? What are you doing?” Lux asked hesitantly, looking shocked to see Max in such a state. “If it’s about Brett being a hunter, it’s okay. He’s with us.”

“I’m not a threat” brett said cautiously but sternly “So stand down”

“I said” Max said through clenched teeth “Get away from her” I watched in shocked horror as the man standing infront of us started shaking, his eyes blackening. Another growl tore through his throat. Chase ran and held him from behind with a bewildered “Max! What the hell?”

“Max!” Taylor said sternly “Calm down, you’re not attacking them” he moved infront of Max, tensed and dangerous. “You will not harm my mate”

Max’s head snapped up to Taylor’s and his eyes widened and then narrowed again “I don’t care that she’s your mate” he growled at Taylor shoving himself against Chase’s arms, trying to break free “She’s my sister”

Everyone froze at that and stared at Max in shock. His sister? But I didn’t have a brother, I only had Brett. Surely if I had family, they would’ve found me, they would’ve taken me away from the hunters.

“What?” surprisingly it was Brett who spoke, I looked up from where I was hanging on to his sleeve and saw his incredulous face. Brett was shell-shocked to say the least. 

“I said” Brett responded, eyes narrowing at Brett once more “She’s my sister, hunter. Now let. Her. GO” the last word was said on a growl and I flinched, making Brett hide me even more behind his body.

That made Max snap

Chase had apparently weakened his grip from the shock so Max used the opportunity and threw himself at Brett. Brett reacted quickly, shoving me aside and into someone else’s arms Max aimed at him.

But something happened

Something I would never forget

Max suddenly changed, his whole form morphing right in front of me to a huge wolf. I stared in shock and horror as the wolf attacked Brett snapping his jaws at him. But Brett seemed composed as he avoided the attacks and landed a few of his own, not ones that looked harmful though.

I was still frozen still, I didn’t even know whose arms I was in as I stared at the man who claimed to be my brother attack my actual brother. A wolf, he could change into a wolf. He was a werewolf. I couldn’t quite get my thoughts together.

It took the wolf almost clamping his jaws around Brett’s neck to snap me back to reality. And before I knew what was happening I was breaking free from the hold on me and running towards them. My only thought was to protect Brett so I didn’t even think before running and jumping in between them just as the wolf ran to tackle Brett.

“Celena!” a chorus of voices sounded as I was knocked over into a wall. My head was pounding, and my whole body hurt from the impact. I could hear the rushed footsteps as they reached me. I could feel hands reaching towards me but couldn’t focus on any of them as the pain escalated.

“Celena, Celena can you hear me? Open your eyes little lamb, come on” Brett’s frantic voice sounded in my ears. I hated the fear in his voice so I forced my heavy eyes to open and stare at Brett, my mouth working but no sound coming out. I hurt, I hurt all over and I was scared.

“B-Bre” I tried to speak out as a new wave of pain overwhelmed my body.

I screamed