Come back

Author's Note

I'M BACK AND I'M AN AWFUL HUMAN BEING

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG DELAY I HONESTLY FEEL LIKE CRAP ABOUT THIS

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND I OPENED WATTPAD AND WAS LIKE "HOLY SHIT IT HAS CHANGED SO MUCHHH"

ok so the short story is that I have been so effing stressed this whole time I couldn't even bring myself to write. My mind was just basically filled with college stuff and that was it. It's been a hard time for me, i was depressed half the time and so overwhelmed the other half. I knew I had to write but I couldn't find the time between late-night studying and project deadlines to write a single word and when I did i just stared at the blank document

its no excuse but i just wanted to explain

I'm in my senior year now and  still under pressure but I'm trying to find the time to write.

so this is a short chapter but I wanted to post something so that I could feel like I started again.

Again I'm so sorry

=================================

Brett

I heard celena before I saw her. One second I was fighting this huge wolf attacking me and the next I heard a scream and suddenly Celena was in front of me before she was roughly thrown aside by the wolf. I barely registered people yelling as I ran to her. Seeing the bleeding wound on her head immediately. Her eyes were closed and I felt panic well up in me.

"Celena, Celena can you hear me? Open your eyes little lamb, come on" I frantically yelled carrying her and placing her on my lap.

"B-bre" she tried to say my name when she suddenly lurched, her eyes shutting as she screamed

"Natalie!" Max yelled as he came up beside me. "Give her to me, hunter."

"You're the one who did this" I hissed at him "she's like this because of you, because she tried to protect me. Her actual brother"

"Enough!!" A voice angrily echoed in the room and I looked to see Taylor, eyes black and staring angrily at us. He growled at us and was about to say something when he was pushed aside.

"She needs help" Ren pushed them all away till she got to us. She inspected Celena and frowned. "The blow to her head is the only thing wrong. But it shouldn't cause her so much pain" She flinched as Celena screamed again. " If I didn't know any better I'd say she was..."

"She was what?" Taylor said, kneeling down and intensely staring at Celena.

"Shifting" Ren said and a silence rang over the room.

She's not young she should've already shifted" Max said. No one answered him, I looked away not wanting to irritate him with the answer any further."What did you hunters do to her"

"Now is not the time" Lux said sternly. "Brett take Lux to Miranda, Ren you go with him."

"he's not going alone with her" Max said angrily

"Taylor will go with her" Damon stated, leaving no room for argument. "As for you" he stared at Max "We need to talk" Was the last thing I heard Damon say as I carried a screaming Celena to Miranda who immediately told me to place her on the bed.

"she's showing the signs of shifting" Miranda said after inspecting her "But its repressed, like the signs Lux reported to me when she got her wolf back. But it's worse on her because her wolf should've surfaced years ago. She's going to be fine, but I don't know how long this will take, or if she will even end up shifting. This could just be the first sign, it could happen multiple times after this before her wolf comes out."

"You mean she might have these...pain episodes for a while before her wolf comes out?"Taylor said with a scowl "Can't you do something?"

"I can't, I'm sorry. It's all on her wolf here." Miranda said "I've given her something for the pain. But her body went through a lot of trauma, it might take a few days before she wakes up, hopefully her wolf comes out by then." she stopped and looked at us "I suppose I'm going to have two people constantly staying here"

"Three" A voice said and we looked to the side and saw Max enter the room, Damon following him and nodding at us when we stood up to get us to back down. Max walked towards us.

"I can accept that my sister has a mate" Max said to Taylor and turned to me " and Damon told me your story. I don't trust you, any of your kind actually. But I trust Lux and she said you're good. But you hurt her..."

"and I'm dead. I don't need the lecture." I snapped "You might be her biological brother but I'm the brother she knows, I've practically grown up with her."

Max didn't answer and just stared at me, he growled lowly before he turned to Celena and stared at her silently "I thought she was dead" he said "They told me no one survived. I had been at a friend's house, he's from another pack so I wasn't there for the attack. I was five and I found out my whole family was dead." I winced, imagining how hard it must've been for him. "If I had thought for just one minute that she might be alive. I would've found her" he turned to me "Damon wouldn't tell me everything, I want to know about her time with the hunters"

"you really don't" I answered, imagining how painful it would be for him to hear about what Celena went through

"She's my-"

"sister, yes I know. That's exactly why you don't want to know." I said and "You'll find out eventually, but it isn't pretty. And from your reaction previously, I don't need you wolfing out on us again."

"Brett is right" Lux said as she walked in the room. She turned to max and spoke softly "We're going to take down the hunters, Max. But we need more information about them. Brett provided us with a lot, but we need your skills. Brett mentioned a computer his dad never let him use, he thinks it has information. We need to get into that."

"hacking isn't that simple" Max said "there needs to be a lot of factors for me to be able to hack into a computer."

"I'll tell you everything you need to know" I said "I want them gone just as much as you do"

Max stared at me for a while before glancing at Celena and sighing before turning back to me "Then get started"