Chapter Nine - Reunited

Another Chapterr!! Things are gonna get interesting from here on out. And there's be a surprise character appearence in upcoming chapters. Can you guess who?

Vote, Comm, Enjoy :D

************************************

Recap

"I won't leave him alone" I said but the underlying message was obvious: I didn't trust them alone with him.

Taylor grimaced and then nodded "But I'm going in with you. I don't trust him" That confused me since Brett would never hurt me. But then I understood that to them he's a hunter but he was never a hunter to me. I didn't say anything as I got in and immediately ran to Brett's side. He looked so fragile, so hurt I wanted to cry. So I got a chair and pulled it as close to the bed as possible and held his hand, placing my head over it and crying silently.

**********************************************

Celena

it had been a full day since Brett was brought in and I had not moved. Taylor stayed with me the whole time. He tried to talk me into washing up and resting but I didn't even answer him. I didn't know what to do, I had so many conflicting feelings I felt like I was going to burst. The one thing I was sure of was that when Brett woke up, I'd do whatever he told me to do. He was the only person I had left.

"I got you food. Miranda said its bad if you don't eat regularly" Taylor said entering the room. He had left only five minutes ago and I had thought he had finally grown tired of this. Guess not. I looked at the food in his hands and shook my head. It wasn't fair that while I was eating Brett was sick and unconscious, because of me. Because he wanted to keep me safe

"You are going to eat" Taylor's voice changed to stern and I stiffened, looking up at him through strands of my hair. His stand was firm and his eyes were slowly melting into black "I will not tolerate you harming your health. You haven't slept and you won't even change, but you will eat. Or i will feed it to you through an IV"

I sat there, paralyzed with fear. This was the first time since meeting him that I had truly felt genuine horror. Memories of how being given drugs through an IV registered in my head and I was close to panic

"Just...you...try" I tired, hoarse voice sounded in the room and I immediately snapped my head to the side , my panic fading at seeing Brett looking at us through half-lidded eyes.

"Brett!" I exclaimed launching onto him and hugging him fiercely. He groaned in pain and I immediately backed off. "Sorry"

"S'okay" he said smiling at me "You okay, little lamb?" he asked, his eyes scanning my face "They didn't...hurt you...ah...did they?" I felt tears welling up in my eyes. Brett was in pain and he still asked about me. "Why are you crying?" I didn't answer and he looked at Taylor sharply "Can we have a moment" he asked but it didn't exactly come out as a question. I could feel Taylor's gaze on me but I didn't look back. He sighed and said "Fine. But I'll hear it if anything happens" and then he left.

Taylor immediately raised a hand to my cheek as soon as Taylor left and rubbed his thumb on my cheek gently.

"I'm sorry" I blurted out "This is all my fault" I felt the tears coming and felt ashamed. I knew Brett hated it when I cried. I just couldn't help myself. "You're hurt and I'm..."

"I'm fine, little lamb" He said "The important thing is we're both safe. That better not be your blood on those clothes"

"It's yours" I said rubbing my eyes "I didn't want to leave your side for a second"

"I'm fine, little lamb" he said reassuringly "Everything is okay"

"But I betrayed you" I choked out "I tried staying at the cave but they took me here and wouldn't let me leave and I...I started trusting him and they.....they hurt you" I felt the beginnings of a panic attack coming along

"hey, hey calm down. Deep breaths, Celena." I listened to Brett's voice and did as he told me, thankful when I felt myself relax. "you didn't betray me. I'm not mad. I'm just glad you're safe. I was so worried, Celena." he said looking at me with so much emotion I wanted to cry again. "And they didn't hurt me, the hunters did that. They just questioned me in exchange for help." he smiled softly. "Come here"

I immediately climbed into his bed and he held me beside him, offering me the comfort I had missed so much. "tell me the truth, Celena. Have you been having nightmares again?"

I frowned and nodded and he sighed, running his hands through my hair before saying"1 to 10"

the question felt so routine, so like what he constantly asked when we were still at the cell and he'd see my pain, or wake me up from a nightmare and ask how bad it was so he'd know what lessened the nightmares and what worsened them. It relaxed me to a degree. But I really didn't want to worry him with how scary my nightmares had been these days.

"8" I answered honestly, knowing I couldn't lie to Brett. He sighed and held me tighter "Rest now, little lamb. I'm here."

I nodded and immediately fell asleep in Brett's arms.

***********************

Taylor

I growled angrily as I paced Shane's' room. It was the closest one to the room my mate was in and I needed to be as close as possible. I cursed Damon for having the walls be soundproof, even for a werewolf. I wanted to know what was happening.

"So what you're saying is. You screwed up." Shane said from his bed "You basically threatened your mate who has a bad past and scared the crap out of her."

"And you say Damon's the idiot" Cameron said from beside his brother. I groaned and stopped pacing to run a hand along my face and look at them.

"I shouldn't have said that" I said, I knew I had messed up the second those words left my lips. My mate looked absolutely horrified. "Imagine if it was your mate covered in blood, not resting and crying. She wasn't even eating and her health is frail enough already. I just lost it"

The guys rolled their eyes before Shane asked "So what's up with this Brett guy? She seems to adore him"

I growled at that "She doesn't seem to think he's a threat. But he's obviously a hunter and I don't trust him. He could have easily fooled her into trusting him."

"He seemed genuinely worried about her in that cell" Cameron said with a shrug "I don't think he's a bad guy."

"he's a Hunter" I growled "they only want to kill werewolves. They kidnapped her and did who knows what with her for I don't know how long."

"So keep an eye on him" Cameron said "But don't ruin what you've so slowly built with your mate. She's skittish enough as it is."

"what he said" Shane agreed and flinched when Cameron punched his arm "What I was agreeing with you"

"I sensed sarcasm"

"Well your spidey senses are going haywire then."

"Shut up, you have..." I tuned the twins' bickering out and thought about what Cameron said. It was true. Just by threatening her I had already ruined whatever progress I was making, not to mention her thinking we hurt her precious Brett. I needed to think this through. I had to protect my mate, no matter what. But I also wanted her to trust me. She just had to trust me.

I needed a plan.