Chapter Four - Protecting Her

In celebration of me passing my official exams here's a chapterrr!!! Yaaayyy! Ok its short but it was a needed chapter. Another chapter of either this or IIWII should be up soon.

 Vote, Comment, Enjoy :D

==================

Celena

Dizziness swept over me as I started puking, though nothing came out because there wasn't anything in my stomach. I was tired and scared and Brett still hadn't come. Sleeping at night became scarier and I started getting the nightmares again. I used to have them all the time but I spent about a week free before they came again and I always woke up sweating and on rare cases closer to the mouth of the cave than when I initially slept.

But now I could barely move, I kept feeling hot then cold and I was so tired, I didn't know what was wrong, usually the drugs are what caused me to feel like this. I began to lose hope that Brett would come and I was so tired. Maybe just a little nap, I thought closing my eyes barely hearing the footsteps in the cave.

Taylor

I had enough, I didn't mind having her in the cave with me watching over her but her not eating and now being sick was crossing the line. My mate wasn't going to get sick. I walked in the cave and saw her figure on the floor, small and so fragile that it broke my heart. I heard her screaming at night more than once but didn't go knowing if she saw me she'd freak out even more and it killed me.

I carried her gently, walking out of the cave. I haven't been in the pack house since she ran away but they all knew where and how I was due to the pack link. I told them I was coming back and to call Miranda for my mate. Damon and Lux had started increasing research on the Hunter bases as soon as they could. As for the pack members that missed Celena going through the border, they were scolded and given extra work outs for not noticing a rogue, even if she is my mate, to pass. And though I'm glad they did, I understand because if it was a dangerous rogue we would've been ambushed.

"Well finally you're back" Ren said with a smile coming out of the front door with Kenzie "I heard you finally found your mate. Come on bring her in and I'll check her out."

"You?"

"Well mom mostly I just observe and help cause I'm training to be a doctor as well."

I nodded; being werewolves we took extra special classes in high school to prepare us for after. The whole town and all its businesses by the alpha. So the extra classes prepare us for which business we want to take. Some decide to study outside but others are happy with what they've got. All our extra classes were college level so we could work as soon as we were done. Ren would take a lot of more classes and lessons before becoming a pack doctor.

I took Celena inside and put her on one of the hospital beds in the small clinic. It wasn't our hospital but the pack house was closer. Miranda came in with Ren behind her, they pushed me aside and checked her in several places, making examinations.

"She's just sick, she must've caught a virus" Miranda said looking at Taylor grimly "There are werewolf viruses that make us sick but she has a human virus. It happens to malnourished werewolves and seeing as she's not a turner that was another factor in it."

"She hasn't turned?"

"No, when a person turns there are certain...changes in their skin, barely recognisable but there and she doesn't have them. I can assure you she hasn't changed. I have also made a few tests and I'll talk to you as soon as I get them. But for now just make her rest in a nice bed and make sure she eats."

I nodded and carried Celena up to one of the rooms. I would've preffered mine but I wouldn't rush it. She looked so small and sad on the bed, so tired and unconscious I doubted she was even dreaming, which was good considering she had constant nightmares from what I saw in the cave.

After a while I finally forced myself to get out to talk to the others, they were waiting for me in the living room. Ren and Kenzie pouring over Aurora's birthday while the others chatted away. Everyone looked up at me as soon as I came in. I sat on the couch next to Jared and sighed.

"She's just sick, human virus, from malnourishment. And, apparently, she hasn't shifted"

"There's no way she's less than thirteen" Jason said "She's seventeen minimum"

"I know" I said feeling myself get angrier "So I think it's because of what the hunters did to her"

"Me and Damon are contacting our allied packs, the Hunters have been stepping on our toes for a while now and we stayed back because we didn't want to lose wolves, but we can't stay quiet wile they steal our kind and do- who knows what with them." Lux said angrily "I've taken care of where the people who don't  fight would be in case of an attack"

"Hopefully it won't come to that" Chase said with a sigh "But we need information about them from your mate, Taylor. We need to be prepared, to know what they're planning"

"She'll talk when she's ready and healthy" I all but growled at Chase, I wanted my mate fully healed and happy. I didn't want anyone pressuring her for information or anything she's not ready to tell. Chase obviously sensed that and sat back, his hands raised in a sign of surrender

"Look what matters now is to help her get through this" Kenzie added "I mean from what little I saw from her that morning she's like a wounded animal. Earn her trust and don't try to get any info out of her."

"Agreed" ren said as everyone else nodded. Finally, I thought, itching to check on my mate. I wouldn't leave her till she woke up, I couldn't, I needed to make sure she'd be alright. So I immediately ran to her room and sat on the couch beside the bed. Even in her sleep she looked pained and it killed me to think of what those hunters have done to her.

And as i watched over her as it got dark, I vowed I'd never let her get hurt again.