#13

Jasmine p.o.v

The meeting with John was good and my results physically were clear- which is good, just got to work through everything else now. I'm feeling good though; I'm safe and happy and I must mention that the book was amazing and has really helped. The notebook that John gave me on one of our earlier meetings hasn't really helped much but I'm going to try to write more about how I'm feeling and what I've achieved on that specific day.

Me and Owen walked downstairs. Owen nudged me gently in the side to turn my attention to my gorgeous mum and dad. Standing off the to left hand side were Owen's mum Collen and dad Andy. I grabbed the back of Owen's shirt signaling that I was nervous. I didn't know if they still loved me.... 'Hi mum, dad. How was your flight?' James said smiling slightly towards my direction. 'Hi James, Chloe, Owen and our beautiful little girl whom we have and will always love completely and entirely.' my dad said holding my mums hand. I rushed over to my mum and dad and engulfed them into a hug. I began to sob into my dad's shoulder and repeatedly said sorry and that I loved them. I turned to Andy and Colleen and hugged them and briefly apologised. As training was ending very soon Eddie guided us all over to a meeting room. 'Now we're all here I just want to say something- I love every single one of you here. I regret being so consumed into a relationship that I push everyone away.' I began to cry and Owen wrapped his arms around me while James stroked my back. 'Jas we love you ok. We always have and always will. We never stopped yes we were upset by the message but your my little girl. I'm immensely proud of you and James has been updating me about your meetings. We're not going anywhere and we want to help but what happened?' my dad said. 'He hurt me dad. It started as suggestions such as image, clothes and friends. Then family and jobs and then the insults. It just got worse at the end I was locked in a room with nothing but underwear on and Ben would just come and give me food. We didn't sit on the sofa together cuddling he would always have another female friend round. I was so lonely and scared. I thought that was going to be my life forever' tears started falling down my face and this time I didn't wipe them away instead I enabled myself to feel the pain and upset because at that very moment I knew Ben wasn't for me and i'd outgrown his ability to give me happiness a long time ago. 'He raped her, starved her, hit and screamed at her. He cheated and lied and all because Jasmine graduated earlier than her and he was jealous. The night Jasmine ran away she messaged me and i knew something wasn't right. She turned up covered head to toe in cuts, scars and bruises. She had nothing but a bed sheet covering her. She looked terrified' James finished. There was a few seconds of silence but Owen moved away letting my dad come and give me a massive hug. 'We're here now.' he whispered softly. 'And we're thinking of moving back to England to be with you and James again. I want us to become a family again..' he finished. 'So about your meetings- what's happening with them?' my mum asked reaching out for my hands. At that moment Eddie offered to go and make tea and everyone gladly accepted.

*disclaimer- I want to move this story along because it's getting slightly repetitive. Other the next 2 updates I would like Jasmine and Owen to be together.