Chapter 48 || "No Time Like The Present"

I spend the next four and a half hours at Julia's house, sitting on her couch while watching whatever comes on TV and going on my phone.

"I'm going to get a water. Do you want anything?" Julia asks, standing up.

"Yeah, can I have a water too?"

She nods and walks away, leaving me alone in her living room. My phone buzzes and I look down, seeing I have a text message from Shawn. I press on the notification and my phone brings me to my messages.

S: Hey

H: hi

S: Are you in a better mood now

I roll my eyes.

H: i was never in a bad mood

S: Yeah sure

H: k

I turn my screen off in annoyance, and I feel my phone vibrate again. I sigh and look down, a new message from Shawn lighting up my screen.

S: I was just joking baby

S: Are you busy right now?

Julia walks back into the room, sitting down beside me and handing me a cold water bottle. I thank her and take it, opening it and taking a sip.

H: i'm with julia, why

S: Can I come pick you up

H: i took my own car so no

S: Please

H: why, what do you want

S: Drive to my house and you'll find out ;)

I roll my eyes, but I can't fight back the smile that creeps onto my lips. Beside me, Julia glances at me and shoots me a weird look.

"What are you smiling at?" she asks.

"Um, nothing. Just a post I saw on Instagram." I say, and she nods. "Anyway, I have to go now. I should probably get home before my parents actually kill me."

I stand up and grab my purse, slinging it onto my shoulder.

"Okay, bye. See you Monday." Julia says. I nod and wave, heading for the door. I walk outside and shut the door behind me, unlocking my phone and pulling my messages up as I begin to walk to the car.

H: fine. i'll be there soon

S: Can't wait bbg

I put my phone in my sweatshirt pocket and pull my keys out of my purse, unlocking the door. I climb inside and start up the car, plugging my phone into its charger that's connected to the car. I adjust the volume on the radio and channel-surf until I find a song I like. I put my foot on the gas and pull onto the street and head on down the road.

I arrive back at Shawn's house about fifteen minutes later, the traffic making it take longer than usual. I pull up to his house and stop at the curb, seeing only his car in the driveway. I smile to myself, already liking where this is going. I pull my phone and begin to text him.

H: i'm here

S: Okay

I turn off the car and unplug my phone, dropping it in my purse. I open the door and step outside, making my way up the driveway to Shawn's front door. I raise my hand to knock, but the door swings open before I have the chance to do so. Shawn stands there, smiling at me.

"Hi." I say.

"Hey." he responds. I expect for him to move aside and let me walk in, but instead he steps outside and shuts the door behind him. I frown a little.